Covid is knocking on my door.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I was headed to pharmacy to get script for my back and neighbor was coming out his drive. He stopped and we had not talked in a while. His wife that is 80 is in hospital with Covid. Have been on ventilator for 5 days were going to try to remove today and see if she can breath. He is great neighbor never had any issue with them. When I smoke ribs I take them big plate. He has had several cancers even eye cancer and his bills over one million dollars so far. I sure hope they make it he does not have Covid but hope he does not get. I was afraid this would happen for them. They have big family and they visit often. Those in the working world can bring the virus in on their shoes or anything. They never wear masks when family is over so it got her for sure.

One custom they had in China that we should adopt here in this time is to remove your street shoes at the door and put on house slippers. Every home has a rack to put shoes in and has a selection of house slippers for visitors. When I would go to Africa when you came through customs here you had to present the shoes your wore there and they sprayed them down. I kept huge zip loc bags to put my boots in. If you were wearing them they sprayed them also.
My Dr. gave me paperwork to get the vaccine but I just do not know. I understand this is not a dead virus vaccine so no way will you get it from the shot. If I do get Covid with Emphysema I am done for. So I guess I will schedule a time for shot tomorrow. I am 72. The back / neck pain is almost to the point I just want something to change.
I was going to try to rebuild a power window set up but just moving my arms sometimes takes my breath away with the pain. My pup has his toys everywhere and I cannot pick them up. He knows something up we do not go hunting or for walks.

Sorry to hear you are hurting so bad.  Been down that road a few times over the years.  It seems that at our age once you hurt yourself it just starts a chain reaction through the rest of the body. There is no such thing as The Golden Years other than for the health care system.    I would go ahead and get vaccinated.  The benefits out way the possible alternative. There has only been a handful of any serious side effects.  I am waiting to hear from the VA to get mine.    

Back