Really nice.  Almost looks like factory.  If I had a center console I'd be tempted to modify it like yours. 

• Like 1

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

WOW :classic_ohmy: 

That is an awesome idea! 

Very cool! This way they should have been from the factory! 

Looks very good! 

• Like 1

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

Looks good! 

• Like 1

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Nice work. Great idea.

• Like 1

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

8 hours ago, Stanglover said:

Nice idea to add the cup holder. Who the heck needs an ash tray!! 

+1

• Like 1

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

I have a spare long console that I picked up cheap. It was covered with about 5 coats of Tremclad or similar paint. I was able to clean it up to be a driver quality piece, but as my car didn't have the long console and as a previous Mustang (72 Q code) I owned, with the 4 speed, I kept banging my elbow into it, I've been leery of putting it in. BUT, if I may steal your idea, I might be tempted. When I go to car shows, (do you remember those!!) I often have a cup of coffee propped against the passenger seat, held by the seat belt. I've been lucky so far and not spilled one, but it's just a matter of time.

The console I have is a bit rough around the ash tray area, so as I already have a sheet of ABS textured plastic, I can weld in the insert rather than screw it. I just need to find a suitable cup holder.

Thanks for a great idea. 

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

2 hours ago, Stanglover said:

I have a spare long console that I picked up cheap. It was covered with about 5 coats of Tremclad or similar paint. I was able to clean it up to be a driver quality piece, but as my car didn't have the long console and as a previous Mustang (72 Q code) I owned, with the 4 speed, I kept banging my elbow into it, I've been leery of putting it in. BUT, if I may steal your idea, I might be tempted. When I go to car shows, (do you remember those!!) I often have a cup of coffee propped against the passenger seat, held by the seat belt. I've been lucky so far and not spilled one, but it's just a matter of time.

The console I have is a bit rough around the ash tray area, so as I already have a sheet of ABS textured plastic, I can weld in the insert rather than screw it. I just need to find a suitable cup holder.

Thanks for a great idea. 

Don't discount using a cupholder sold for boats, there are a whole lot of them from ABS plastic to stainless ones that would work. 

Mike

• Like 2
On 1/29/2021 at 7:58 AM, mjseakan said:

Don't discount using a cupholder sold for boats, there are a whole lot of them from ABS plastic to stainless ones that would work. 

Mike

That’s exactly what I used haha! 
mine is tightly pressed in to place but not glued, that allows me to remove it for access below. I had to make a small bracket in front of it for support that those front screws hold in place. But it worked well! 

• Like 1