• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wth NASA Hood

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73FastBk

Reaction score
Looking for Mach 1 hood, prefer oem but if also willing to get repo if needed if y’all have any recommendations..

thanks!

If you go with OEM be sure and look it over good. They are bad to rust out from the inside in the reinforcement. In the rear, near the hinges and also up front in the middle and along the front edge.
I have several OEM I am in North Carolina. If you are near one of the suppliers like NPD drive to get it or expect damage in shipment. If you get new repo you do have to arch the hood to fit your fenders then weld the hem and seal it up. Also remove the black e-coat on the outside usually rust under it.

If you go with OEM be sure and look it over good. They are bad to rust out from the inside in the reinforcement. In the rear, near the hinges and also up front in the middle and along the front edge.
I have several OEM I am in North Carolina. If you are near one of the suppliers like NPD drive to get it or expect damage in shipment. If you get new repo you do have to arch the hood to fit your fenders then weld the hem and seal it up. Also remove the black e-coat on the outside usually rust under it.
Thank you for tip! That’s good to know especially if when buying online. What do you mean by arch the hood to fit the fenders?  Sounds intense but I may have to go that route 

Looking for Mach 1 hood, prefer oem but if also willing to get repo if needed if y’all have any recommendations..

thanks!
Where are you located? I have two original ones. Both decent enough to work with. I am in eastern Missouri

Back