Jump to content

Trunk floor plug/cover

Recommended Posts

My car is missing the plug or cover that goes in the center.  Is it a rubber plug or a metal cover?  If it is the metal cover, is it the same cover used in the floor pans so I can order one?  I found this picture as I was researching threads for info on the proper color. That makes it look like a metal cover.  The reason I ask about a rubber plug is I saw a comment on rubber plug kits that they include three of the large oval plugs and figured maybe one was for this purpose.  My floor pan doesn’t appear to have screw holes, so the rubber plug made more sense too.  Thanks for any help.


1931 Ford Model A Station Wagon
1969 Mach 1 - 351C, TKO-600, 4WDB, R&P, A/C, Shaker, Fold Down, etc.
1972 Mach 1 - 351C, FMX, PDB, PS, A/C, Fold Down, Console
1996 Mustang Cobra Convertible - 10psi Procharger, 436rwhp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree - metal plug / cap, same as the floor ones.  I tried a rubber shock top cover but even with trimming the outer edges it would not fit properly & stay there.  Had to re-drill one hole to line it up for the screws ( probably repro & not accurate )   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...