71 Boss for sale

Thought I’d post this incase someone is in the market for a BOSS Mustang 

1971 Documented Boss 351 Mustang on Kijiji https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/regina/1971-documented-boss-351-mustang/1530285391?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=sms

6D65C5C8-D358-4D57-9F1C-332CF3904B7D.jpeg

Gotta love that boss finish. For me it’s all about that flat black hood.

just FYI I know everyone is a stickler for details on that is site so it probably hasn’t passed you by but that’s 70k USD asking price. That’s today’s exchange rate but banks charge more to convert. So likely 71-72k I’d guess..... plus Tax 😉

Im thinking these are Canadian $$... so about $62k US$ at current exchange rate, before negotiations... The main issues for me would be the non numbers matching block, missing carb and the paint colour change. The last two can be corrected at considerable expense. This would have to be factored into the final purchase price. The missing block... It’s a nice car, rare here in Canada. It’s not one that I would pursue here at home at that price.

• Like 1

"Yes dear", has kept me in the hobby a long time...

• 2 weeks later...

It looks better done than most just not to original specs. Numbers not matching hurts big time. If it won first place at that show must be pretty good job.
To do a car ground up right now will cost you six figures pretty much any car. Labor costs and parts prices are crazy. Gone are the good old days.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Mike, At $38K you got a very good deal. Very nice car indeed. Chuck

• Like 2

In reference to placement in car show, I've never put much credence to those claims unless its a national level MCA or similar venue (AACA).  If MCA, the judging sheets are the thing to have.

I also agree very highly priced for so many missing original B351 components.  IMO, mid $30's US would be starting point for this one.

Anyone from the US wanting to inspect personally would probably have to wait 6 months or more in these Covid times.  It would be a looong drive for sure!

• Like 1