Reproduction Dash Trim???

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Grabber Green Mach 1
2013 Race Red California Special Convertible
1964 Corvette Convertible
I'm considering replacing all my dash trim since the chrome edges are peeling or painted silver.  Has anyone bought any of the reproduction pieces?  I'm looking at both left and right dash pieces, the center gauge trim and the console trim from Ohio Mustang.  Just curious about the fit and finish.

The 3 primary dash panel repros are really pretty good. If you don't care about the stick-on wood grain, I would call them very good. I don't know of anyone selling the center piece with the wood overlay already attached (I opted to not worry about that on my car).

I have a center console with silver touch-up paint on the trim and I'm going to order a new replacements for the very same reason. I wish there was a really good clock block-off with the silver trim available.

It fits well enough, but the holes for the screws are different sizes so the original hardware does not work. You have to drill the holes open to the same size and gently run the screws in to make sure the plastic does not crack, I used melted candle wax to lube the screws too. And the posts on the passenger piece are smaller than original so you have to go to parts store and buy assorted set of speed nuts and find which size gets a bite on the posts. Be patient, and work slow and they do work. Also the paint scratches easy so if you have time it wouldn't hurt to spray some good semi gloss black on them, but that is up to you. Good luck!!

The 3 primary dash panel repros are really pretty good. If you don't care about the stick-on wood grain, I would call them very good. I don't know of anyone selling the center piece with the wood overlay already attached (I opted to not worry about that on my car).

I have a center console with silver touch-up paint on the trim and I'm going to order a new replacements for the very same reason. I wish there was a really good clock block-off with the silver trim available.
Looks like a nice piece in the picture.  

image.jpeg

Looks like a nice piece in the picture.  

View attachment 48359
I bought this piece from Don a few years ago and it fits perfect 

console_humpzss0j.jpg

I had no issues and it had the woodgrain decal already attached. I don't had any issues with the srews or other things. I only had to match it color wise to my interior which was as easy as a sneeze... 

I would fully recommend this from Don  :thumb:

I bought all new from Don as I converted to Dakota Digital gauges so did not need the three factory center gauges. Went right in and of good quality.

xiDugoa.jpg

1XHdaHo.jpg

Back