Coupe trunk lid mounting question. What goes in the hinge arms for the bolts to thread into?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71' Grande project.
Time has come to fit the trunk lid back onto the hinge arms.

I looked in the body assembly manual and didn’t see a diagram of what I am looking for.  The hinge arms are hollow, with no threaded inserts.  My guess is that there is supposed to be a threaded insert of some sort that slides into the tube.  That would accept the bolt that mounts the trunk lid to the arms?

Anyone have a pic of what I am talking about?

Thanks for your time!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

There are some sort of U-nuts slided on them... Then you can bolt through the hinges from the other side. 

It is a special two nut insert. It is think metal frame with two nuts retained in it and has a hook to stop it from falling into the hinge. The convertible is the same. We have a member parting a convertible check with him. I did not have a picture.
Will do- I’ll check on the vert parts.

It is a special two nut insert. It is think metal frame with two nuts retained in it and has a hook to stop it from falling into the hinge. The convertible is the same. We have a member parting a convertible check with him. I did not have a picture.
Thx for the referral. I pm'd the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back