More Installation Questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2010 Ford F150 Screw
2010 Buick Lacrosse
2002 Triumph Trophy
1972 Mustang Grande
1954 Ford F100
P8310021.JPGP8310019.JPGI have these 2 pieces of cardboard that I pulled out of the car. I do not remember where they came from but they appear to be part of the headliner installation. I also have these pieces of headliner support metal, what screws are used on these? Last of all, what do the screws that hold the door drip rails on look like. I actually did lable all of this when I took it apart but 2 years of moving the bags around has removed my sharpie writing. I am having hell with all of these bags of unknown screws. Any chance any of you have a diagram showing what the screws look like for each interior piece. Everything else I can figure out. Oh and last of all, the 4 pieces of plastic. I think they go in the fender but I do not remember for sure. Thanks

They go below the sill plates under the carpet
That picture would have made a good Weekly Fun Question!

When you reinstall the sill plates make sure you stretch your carpet underneath the sill plates before tightening the screws down.

ok top pic. the 2 pices in the middle, go on where the dash mounts to the frame if im not mistaken on the L shaped bracket, it holds the electrical in a bundle and the one one the right holds the antena cable, but the 2 on the outter i have absolutley no idea...sorry

The black plastic pieces are access panels for the front fender extension. They go under the leading edge of the fender by the headlight bucket. Chuck

Ok. Someone show me what the screw looks like that installs the door drip rail. There are 4 of them and they are philips based on the imprint I see on the rubber weatherstrip material thats on the back of the door weatherstrip channel. Oh and what does the weatherstrip channels screws look like. I am sure one of you has yours off right now and your labels are still attached to your bags. Now thats a fun question.

WARNING! I working from memory on this. IF I remember correctly, they are very low profile, phillips head with an integral washer. Chuck

Back