Need info on hydraulic throw out bearing, brake and clutch pedals for upcoming work

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1
I have to pull my engine and either repair or replace the block.  While I am at it, I am going to put a spare engine in, but decided it would be a good time to take care of a few things.  

I am going to convert to a hydraulic clutch, remove the brake booster and convert to manual brakes.

If anyone has used aftermarket brake pedals, I'd be most appreciative of any information regarding which pedals you used.  

Anyone that converted to a hydraulic throw out bearing. . .  same deal.

Thanks all!

I did a hydraulic release bearing on my ‘69 and retained my power brakes.  Make sure you size the hydraulic clutch master properly or have a bellcrank setup for the clutch or you will have a very hard pedal.  The release bearing was difficult to bleed, I ended up reverse bleeding it (forced the fluid backwards) to get it going, then did a normal bleed.

I have a Malwood clutch pedal and their hydraulic bearing. I'm also using a hydratech hydraboost brake system. Just bleed the bearing yesterday. Just need to mount the clutch fluid. Pedal feels very nice. Have to get the brake lines connected to really give it a drive though.

20210405_183411.jpg

20210405_183404.jpg

20200216_153250.jpg

IMG_20200322_163220_442.jpg

Back