Personalized Plates Lets see how may different one are out there.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually bought matching pairs of Manufacturers plates for my 73. These were issue to Ford Motor Company in 1973 and were on any vehicles that the engineers or test personnel took out on the road. Just thought it would be different. One set was taken from Ford by an engineer the other I do not know.

1a.jpg

as in the past I like to have a period correct plate on my cars.  In the case of my '72 Georgia did not issue plates between, I think, 1971 and 1975.  So a '72 got a '71 plate with a '72 sticker on it as seen in this picture (72 is hard to see on the blowup).  If anyone is in need I have a few NOS '75 stickers you can have.

plate.jpg

72 stick.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
OLE PONY, my user name too. At first I had normal state plates then changed over to antique plates. No annual fee for the antique plates here in Virginia. 

DSCF1418.JPG

20151118_150036 (2).jpg

OK,

Picture this ........................................

1. Australian stock standard plates are a letterbox shape compared to American plates being more squared shape.
2. I live in a Australian State called Queensland.
3. The Queensland State Government has allowed the use of personalized number plates for private vehicle ownership.
4. So you can choose to order a personal plate based on the stock traditional Australian letterbox shape, or order a plate based on the American traditional
square shaped design.
5. I chose the American shape design, and went for my birth name initials followed by my year birth date. That personalized plate cost me $480.00 Australian Dollars to purchase. You also get to choose what color scheme you want. I went for gold on black to match my Gold Mustang.

See my pics below.

Cheers,

Greg. :)

Attachments

• 2023-03-31 21_42_38-Window.png
    2023-03-31 21_42_38-Window.png
    178.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Back