Wire harness retainer clips

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
1971 Mustang Mach I
1972 Mexican GT-351
1971 Mustang Convertible
1988 Bronco II
1970 Torino 4 door
https://www.amkproducts.com/bulk-fasteners-products/?Product_ID=10976

A friend of mine pointed me to these as a reasonably good substitute for the retention clips on our harnesses (he is a Torino guy). I only need a few. I am debating getting 25 or 50 if there is enough interest here. I would pass them along for what I have in them plus the ride. I dunno how much my shipping would be but I figure they would go for $1-1.50 each for a few of them. Not looking to get rich (Tahiti vacation will have to wait). Trying to gage interest so I can "share". I know someone else was recently asking about these. 

My friend said just cut off the ring and they are a good substitute for Fords retainer 

I've never seen that ring in 13 years of working on harnesses.

Ima order 50.
Order placed. I will update when they arrive. I will ship in a small padded envelope using snail mail to keep shipping prices down. They will be $2.00 for the first piece and an additional $1.00 for each additional piece, shipping within US included. International will be on a case by case basis. PayPal payment as friend/gift to avoid fees or thru Zelle preferred but checks also ok. It usually takes 2 business days for a check to clear. PM me with your address or email once they arrive. I will be keeping at least 10 for myself. An additional 12-16 are spoken for assuming pricing is ok. I can include these with parts ordered from the 71 vert I am parting out for $1 each (free shipping).

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if those rings are intended to be installed with the clip or if they are just providing some protection from damaging the ears on the posts during shipping. 
They are listed as Chrysler parts i think so maybe a Mopar fan on the board knows?  I believe pretty much all of them are now spoken for.  I will be contacting those that have expressed an interest (in order) once the parts are in.  If there are any left I will go down the list if anyone shows any interest after this post.  I only need a few but want to keep a few extras just because.

anyone got a side by side view to compare original with these ones? wondering why AMK would only make the Chrysler variants, and not the Ford ones...

anyone got a side by side view to compare original with these ones? wondering why AMK would only make the Chrysler variants, and not the Ford ones...
I just got a notification that these should be here Saturday.  I plan to take a pic of one next to an original one and then confirm with folks that put dibs on them that they would still like them.  So look for another update Sat or Sun

Here are some pics of them compared

20210214_144308.jpg

20210214_144404.jpg

20210214_144421.jpg

Looks like the length of the insertable tabs is pretty close to the same.  What is the ring made of?  Looks like some sort of open cell foam.
I think it is closed cell or at least sealed open cell. It is definitely spongy 

they look close enough. I'll need to get some at some point, shipping to UK is just getting silly. I need to make a trip out to the US and do some serious shopping once we get back to normality....

Back