Oil Catch Can

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach1
Anyone running one of these on their mustangs? I have one on my 2015 F150 and like it. The gunk that it catches even on a newer engine is pretty amazing. I know it's not considered as necessary on carb'd cars, but still wondered if anyone might be running one. 

I don't think any of the guys with old school equipped engines do run one, me too not. Perhaps some of the modified ones with some modern builds... 

I heard of these discussions, I have a 2013 Hemi-Challenger R/T as a daily and read some threads about it. I think it makes sense for those who drive their cars only for a short period of time on good weather. But since I use this car every day on summer and winter and drive 30 - 40 miles minimum every day I found it not necessary because it is heated up well every day. I deactivated the Multi-Displacement-System though, I always run on 8 cylinders. My oil still have some goldish color after every 10.000 miles so I think that there is not much gunk left underneath the intake. I don't care... 

Just my 50 cents on this topic  :beer:

I figured at least 90% of people running old school carb'd engines wouldn't have. But thought there may be a few who have tried it. More curiosity than anything. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have one on the carbureted cars but it is not a bad idea. Any oil mixing with the air/fuel mixture decrease the effective octane of the fuel. I do have an oil separator on the 2007 supercharged GT. Just driving around it catches some oil. Take to a track day and the amount it catches is impressive. I think it is a must on any boosted engine. Chuck

Back