Fender issue

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdm1952

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Know it is not a good idea to have friends help tear down for paint but I did it anyway. In putting it back together I am having a hard time figuring out where this piece goes Know it goes to the front near the headlight housing but it there anything that goes with it like a brace? The buddy that took it off might have had a beer or two to many while helping. If anyone has a pic showing this I would appreciate it. 

IMG_9028.JPG

IMG_9029.JPG

It's the front splash screen. The top opening (left on your pict), inserts the shape of the apron on top, installed perpendicular to the car before the tower. say +- 25cm/10 inches. This is the smaller front one, a taller one is similarly installed behind the tower.

No brackets. Once engaged, you will find the holes on car that matches the two on the side.

Last edited by a moderator:
What he said!

I think the splash shield you show is for the passenger side. I circled the holes that (I think!) the shield screws into. It takes the flanged self-tapping screws w/ 3/8" hex heads...

LH Core SPT Splash Apron Holes.JPG

Thanks to all that send pics and answers. I have them in place. On to the next question in a bit. Has to do with aftermarket sail panels.

Back