Sticker/Decal Placement

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSwan

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for help on where to put the tire pressure and emissions stickers on my 73 Mach 1, built at the Dearborn plant. I've tried to find the answers by looking at for sale cars, but they vary. I've seen the tire pressure sticker on the passenger side door and driver's side door. I've seen the emission sticker on the cowl (passenger side), and on the shock towers. Any help would be appreciated.

I did the same as you.  Finally found the locations listed by the sticker manufacturer whom I'm sure is known to others here - Jim Somebody ? ?

Anyway:  the tire spec decal goes on the passenger side door B pillar just below the lock striker ( many put them on the door itself )

The yellow emissions sticker needs to match the engine spec & goes on the edge of the cowl, passenger side as you suggest.

That's where I went & have seen it confirmed in other pics so keep looking.  Also do a search here.

Have fun.

PKJ

Since you are working with  a 73 the emissions sticker is on the  LH   valve cover not the cowl. I am original owner. The tire sticker is on the jam not the door. Here is couple pics of the emissions sticker. I pulled the engine to clean and did not paint it  this is original factory paint and sticker. I do not have a pic of the tire sticker but can get tomorrow. I have 3 1973 mustangs the valve covers were different where the sticker is.

Here is also pic of the sticker that tells what engine you have on a  1973. I have never found a correct one. Even Osborne cannot explain why. You can see some of the inspections stamps also.

DSC_0946.JPG

DSC_0949.JPG

DSC_0969.JPG

On a '73 the tire pressure decal goes on the passenger b-pillar above the door striker. As for the emmision sticker it is usually on the driver side valve cover. I have seen some also on the passenger cowl, too and ever wondered if there was a possibility that some cars where equipped like this originally. Some were looking like it was there from the beginning of its life. Perhaps it was a dealer add on because on the usual locations on the valve cover you can't see the what's on it. Since you have some aftermarket valve covers I wouldn't bother sticker it to the passenger cowl side. I have a second sticker too and am overthinking if I stick one there too in future... I have seen some which had two: one on the cowl, one on the valve cover. 

Interesting fun fact: on German T5 cars there wasn't any "Mustang" wording allowed. So they cut out the "Mustang" on the tire pressure sticker on the left upper side and stick it on that way  :thumb:

Thanks for the replies. After reading your info, I'll put tire pressure on passenger side door pillar and the emission sticker on the cowl since I have the finned valve covers.

Thanks again everybody.

Tim,
On the T-5 Mach 1 I have I think they forgot to cut it off. Have not looked in years. I think there were like two different levels of T-5 one for Germans and one for U.S. service men and women. I did get a Marti and he confirmed it is a T-5 BTW what was in the Accessory Packaging? Copy of Marti below lists in options.

View attachment 2F05Q157604_stdrpt.pdf

Tim,
On the T-5 Mach 1 I have I think they forgot to cut it off. Have not looked in years. I think there were like two different levels of T-5 one for Germans and one for U.S. service men and women. I did get a Marti and he confirmed it is a T-5 BTW what was in the Accessory Packaging? Copy of Marti below lists in options.

View attachment 48738
I think too that there was a difference if the Mustangs, pardon, T5's, were meant to be delivered to a German or to a US service man. Mine had the "Mustang" deleted on the tire pressure decal so it had a rectangular cutout before it was applied to the b-pillar. Nobody would do that afterwards... 

Here is my Marti attached below... 

My car is a bit more loaded but there are some similarities though. I know a few Marti reports from 71-73 T5 and they are inconsistent although the cars have the same options from the factory. For example my fathers '73 T5 has the NACA hood mentioned in the Marti, see his report also attached. My car not - although it has one from the factory. If you read the original German sales brochure of the 1973 Mustang it implies a NACA hood if you ordered a 351C 4V - Mustang. Another example is the export decal aka T5-badges. I had them to on the fenders but they are not mentioned on the Marti. Why? I thought since your Marti that all T5 had in common extra cooling option. But yours don't have... The Fastback and Hardtop T5 had in common that they all have the rear window defroster. I don't know exactly what's the T5-package. Is it the metric speedometer, yellow turn signals and the badges? German owners manual? Tire pressure label? Or what was in the Accessory Package? I don't know... There are many mysteries around but not many are proven. There are no people left which I know who had their T5's from the beginning and could tell... At least I have one of 22 Mach 1 T5's  of '73 with 351C 4V and a 4-speed  :thumb:

Marti_T5_Vater.jpg

View attachment 3F05Q219013_Marti_Report.pdf

Both your car and your Dad's are well optioned for sure. I never met the person that had the one I have. He was in Army and they shipped your car home for $1.00. Since there are several military bases in North & South Carolina there were quite a few in the area at one time. I just missed getting a 1965 289 coupe last year for $3,500.
I do think there were two versions of the T-5. This car has Mustang in the original side stripes and did not have the fender emblems, no holes there. I will have to go look at the tire label today if I can get the door open been sitting in same spot since the 1970's, it only had 32,000 miles and did not have kilometer speedo. Another reason I think there was a version built for American military. It does have the "For Export Only" door sticker.

47340000_1779050332218282_3008043799600431104_o.jpg

47489921_1779050398884942_5281364186872414208_o.jpg

Back