E Brake Link Bracket Location

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren 72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has dimensions for the E Brake Link Bracket on the passenger side located by the cross rail and inside frame rail.  I attached my measurements and wanted confirmation before I weld.  It was removed many years ago so I want to check what I have 20210214_130534.jpgfor measurements. I think with the adjustability of the cable if it's close it will be fine.  Attached is a pic.

Thanks,

Darren

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has dimensions for the E Brake Link Bracket on the passenger side located by the cross rail and inside frame rail.  I attached my measurements and wanted confirmation before I weld.  It was removed many years ago so I want to check what I have View attachment 48728for measurements. I think with the adjustability of the cable if it's close it will be fine.  Attached is a pic.

Thanks,

Darren
A picture speaks a thousand words. This will show exactly where it should be.

Oh and by the way and trust me on this, that is NOT an emergency brake. I was lucky not to have ditched the car the time I had a brake failure. It's a crude parking brake at best. I have never figured out why in the US, they never installed a hand brake (especially on manual trans cars) A hand brake is for two reasons, parking and more importantly, assisting on incline starts with a manual gearbox.

IMG_1357.1.JPG

IMG_1358.1.JPG

Here is another pic from bottom side. I cannot move the cars around due to neck or i would get your measurements.
If you adjust the brake correctly it will slide both rear wheels. If you need a roll control you get a line lock I had one on my 1950 ford back in the 60's . Saves lots of broken parts for sure.

DSC_0940.JPG

DSC_0941.JPG

Back