young, dumb, but not broke... yet

Nice lookin' car - of course, I'm partial to black.

• Like 1

Black 1971 Mach 1

351C/FMX/TrickFlow Heads/Lunati Retro Roller Conversion

Classic Auto AC, Manual Front Discs, Upgraded Springs/Shocks/Close-Ratio Steering

IMG-2977.jpg

Glad you are here and welcome from Oklahoma. You need to thank your Dad, again. Chuck

• Like 1

Welcome from Ohio.  Not to bad of a deal for $10. :biggrin:   Keep us posted with pictures as you go about updating your car.

Edited by Kilgon
  • Like 1

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

:welcome:from Germany and congratz to your car. 

Would have brought back to original color (girls are ever partial to colors) but nothing bad about a big bad black Mustang. I like it! 

Quite touching, your childhood story... I would do this as well concerning my juniors :thumb:

What are your plans on it? 

Keep us posted and have fun! 

• Like 1

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

Welcome from west Michigan! Cool car and story. 

• Like 1

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

16 hours ago, rrico_Mach_1 said:

hello everybody. I have been a passive viewer of the forum for a while, but am just getting to introducing myself...

my dad received a '71 mach 1 as payment for some concrete work he did when i was about 7 yrs old. He had no need for a muscle car since he was a contractor and only needed more trucks. But his plans to sell the beauty were stopped when I overheard his conversations and offered him everything in my ceramic piggy bank (>$10). Unfortunately I was unable to work on the car until i graduated college, and my first "few" paychecks went into restoring it. Long story short, here we are now, with a Raven Black '71 thicc babe.

OG Color: Grabber Yellow & Black Stripes (gf convinced me to not go back to yellow since all she saw was a highlighter... some regrets, but not many)

Driveline: H-Code 351 Cleveland & C4 auto

Ignition Swapped to MSD Ignition Control Box & Distributor

Doug's Headers & fabricated exhaust

Magnum 500 wheels 

I have many plans for this car so just trying to be a sponge on this forum and absorb as much knowledge/input as possible. Thanks!

in sac shop.jpg

Great story and nice looking car. Welcome!

• Like 1

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. I think would have kept the yellow. Several that year in yellow were one off models. I have a black vert and hate the color it is never clean.

• Like 1

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Welcome aboard.  You've got quite a history with your steed......any more history to come!

9-20-19-Mine-Again.jpg1972 Mach 1 351 Cleveland Ram Air, C6, 9 inch with 3.25 Posi, Sanderson Ceramic Headers, 2.5" dual H Pipe exhaust w/stainless tips, MSD Ignition, Edlelbrock 4BB Carb, Wilwood Front Discs, Summit Racing Rear Discs.

I would like to find an original color black car (yeah, i like yours but am also partial to keeping original colors therefore i buy accordingly even if repaint needed).  Welcome to the group!  lots of knowledge within the minds of those here,

Wisdom, knowledge and intelligence are three very different things.

1971 convertible, H-code, Ram Air

1971 Mach I, M-code, Ram Air

1972 Mexican GT-351

1988 Bronco II

Remember that 1971 was only year that black was an option. In 72 & 73 you could get but was a Special Order for paint and trim and cost $86.00 more. I do have a black 73 Special Paint vert. They will have a six digit DSO code and no paint code on the door sticker. Here is Marti for mine. They also had argent front bumper and fillers in front of the rear bumper in 73. For 72 they had chrome bumpers even on a Mach 1 if special paint.
image.thumb.png.f3fdf4512ae2895c5e5fa11fadf5e959.png

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David