Stereo system recommended

What is a good option for a stereo system for my 72 Convertible? I want to modernize with Bluetooth capability and be able to hear the music when the top is down. The interior is totally stripped, so it's easy to get to everything. 

Brian Kulis

I have the Retrosound Hermosa. I think it is a good option if you want to keep the "classic" look. The only issue is that is not that intuitive to use because in order to keep a classic look the buttons are not labeled. For speakers I have Kickers 5x7 in the doors and 6x9 at the rear. I also added a hidden Kenwood narrow subwoofer to the passenger kick panel area. The subwoofer made a whole world of difference in sound. You can't get too much bass out of the door speakers. I recently added tweeters to the dash.

20190221_142946.thumb.jpg.40fe0879cba7f1111e623887260644f6.jpg

• Like 2

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

I had thought about getting something like this Kenwood Bluetooth Amp. I could put the amp in the trunk and keep the controller in the console and just run its own speakers. So you could keep the original stuff in the dash and just use this on its own. 

https://www.crutchfield.ca/p_113M1824BT/Kenwood-KAC-M1824BT.html?awkw=298183808798&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=190568851671&awdv=c&awug=9001404

• Like 1