Tail Light Gaskets

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
351C 4V - C6
Blue with Blue interior
Well I ordered a set of the Vintage LED tail lights for the car so I am going to need to pull them out to install. So it likely makes sense to replace the taillight gaskets when I pull them out. I thought I had seen someone mention an updated gasket on here before so I just thought I would see if anyone knows which gasket is the best one and/or where to get it from.

The ones that have been recommended here and have been used by David AKA Carolina Mountain Mustangs are the Daniel Carpenter brand. Check with Don at Ohio Mustang Supply he will probably have them and he is a site supporter and a great resource for new and used mustang parts.

I have two sets of NOS they are trash still in plastic. They leak when brand new. Wrong material and how many 71 - 73 have needed a new tail light panel? Every one. You cannot see the gasket so putting a much better one in only makes since. Putting a sponge in that soaks up water like the original is not very smart. Like saying you need original head gasket that nobody can see. I have to repeat NEVER use NOS tail light gasket get the Carpenter way better. NOS door rubber the same sucks.

I ordered both, and used the Carpenters, the NOS did not look very good, lots of voids in the sponge material. If you are concerned about originality, use the originals but NEVER wet wash the car! Good luck!!

Back