Jump to content

Latest Mach1 walkaround - just got the UK plates


Recommended Posts

VERY NICE!! sounds PDG to me. A little high on idle maybe, but the choke may not have been fully off. No doubt pissed the neighbours off with it idling so long. No SNOW either I see, lucky bugger! 

Hey, I think you found a good one there. Enjoy and keep us posted.

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Stanglover said:

VERY NICE!! sounds PDG to me. A little high on idle maybe, but the choke may not have been fully off. No doubt pissed the neighbours off with it idling so long. No SNOW either I see, lucky bugger! 

Hey, I think you found a good one there. Enjoy and keep us posted.

Twas very cold when I first started about 1°C .................or for you colonial cousins 34°F -- but still tweaking a Holley carb ... I have no idea what model ... I find Edelbrock easier. 

Edited by 1sostatic

sig2.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 1sostatic said:

Twas very cold when I first started about 1°C .................or for you colonial cousins 34°F -- but still tweaking a Holley carb ... I have no idea what model ... I find Edelbrock easier. 

Green grass though by the look of it. Ours is just brown. Last week, our lowest temp dropped to -21C and that's enough to make the hair in your nose freeze. You know it's cold when.........

 Take a pic and post it. No doubt you'll find lots of help to set it up. They can be finicky for sure, I'm still learning mine. There's been loads of posts on Holley carbs and there is a lot of YouTube videos, some from Holley to learn from. To me, those Edlebrook things just look wrong, no way would I have one. I'd probably go to Quick Fuel HR series for my 4V. They had a 735cfm, but it's been dropped unfortunately.

Geoff.

 I learn something new every day!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice!  Always wondered what a person needs to do when they import a car (Mustang) from the U.S. to Europe.  Must you change to right hand drive?  Upgrade lights?  How are the taxes on a specialty car like a Mustang?  How much do plates cost?

Reason for asking, a few years ago I would work in Belgium for short periods and was always curious if I wanted to bring my '71 Mach over for 6 months.

Mac

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mac said:

Very nice!  Always wondered what a person needs to do when they import a car (Mustang) from the U.S. to Europe.  Must you change to right hand drive?  Upgrade lights?  How are the taxes on a specialty car like a Mustang?  How much do plates cost?

Reason for asking, a few years ago I would work in Belgium for short periods and was always curious if I wanted to bring my '71 Mach over for 6 months.

Mac

It's very easy -- but nerve racking when it bounces all over the ocean 

When home -- only headlamps get changed so they point the right way illuminating the road - otherwise you illuminate the pavement ( Sidewalk in Americanese) .  I'm used to driving from the left ... no need for that conversion. 

The rest is paperwork ... my plates were £67 the pair - embossed aluminium ( alooooominum in Americanese) 

Edited by 1sostatic
  • LOL 1

sig2.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL great you are getting sorted out. The squeaking might be upper control arms. Do they have grease fittings in the ends? If not probably original. Some people put urethane bushings in and they squeak. When you lift the front end to get tire off the ground you should put wood block on top of frame rail under the upper control arm so it does not crush your shock bushings. In all the Ford manuals.
 

Edited by Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs
wording

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...