Latest Mach1 walkaround - just got the UK plates

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Various
Yo all 

I'm nearly as good as 4x4 Mister ... I now have a Chrome nose  

Been sorting him out since his winter hybernation  -- only minor defects left over - for example: dash light dimmer doesnt work, irritating little garbage like that! The big stuff is nearly done. -apart from one of the front shocks still squeaks - so they're getting replaced next weekend. 

New UK plates put on today - so took him on a test run today .

Last edited by a moderator:
VERY NICE!! sounds PDG to me. A little high on idle maybe, but the choke may not have been fully off. No doubt pissed the neighbours off with it idling so long. No SNOW either I see, lucky bugger! 

Hey, I think you found a good one there. Enjoy and keep us posted.

VERY NICE!! sounds PDG to me. A little high on idle maybe, but the choke may not have been fully off. No doubt pissed the neighbours off with it idling so long. No SNOW either I see, lucky bugger! 

Hey, I think you found a good one there. Enjoy and keep us posted.
Twas very cold when I first started about 1°C .................or for you colonial cousins 34°F -- but still tweaking a Holley carb ... I have no idea what model ... I find Edelbrock easier. 

Twas very cold when I first started about 1°C .................or for you colonial cousins 34°F -- but still tweaking a Holley carb ... I have no idea what model ... I find Edelbrock easier. 
Green grass though by the look of it. Ours is just brown. Last week, our lowest temp dropped to -21C and that's enough to make the hair in your nose freeze. You know it's cold when.........

Take a pic and post it. No doubt you'll find lots of help to set it up. They can be finicky for sure, I'm still learning mine. There's been loads of posts on Holley carbs and there is a lot of YouTube videos, some from Holley to learn from. To me, those Edlebrook things just look wrong, no way would I have one. I'd probably go to Quick Fuel HR series for my 4V. They had a 735cfm, but it's been dropped unfortunately.

Very nice!  Always wondered what a person needs to do when they import a car (Mustang) from the U.S. to Europe.  Must you change to right hand drive?  Upgrade lights?  How are the taxes on a specialty car like a Mustang?  How much do plates cost?

Reason for asking, a few years ago I would work in Belgium for short periods and was always curious if I wanted to bring my '71 Mach over for 6 months.

Mac

Very nice!  Always wondered what a person needs to do when they import a car (Mustang) from the U.S. to Europe.  Must you change to right hand drive?  Upgrade lights?  How are the taxes on a specialty car like a Mustang?  How much do plates cost?

Reason for asking, a few years ago I would work in Belgium for short periods and was always curious if I wanted to bring my '71 Mach over for 6 months.

Mac
It's very easy -- but nerve racking when it bounces all over the ocean 

When home -- only headlamps get changed so they point the right way illuminating the road - otherwise you illuminate the pavement ( Sidewalk in Americanese) .  I'm used to driving from the left ... no need for that conversion. 

The rest is paperwork ... my plates were £67 the pair - embossed aluminium ( alooooominum in Americanese) 

LOL great you are getting sorted out. The squeaking might be upper control arms. Do they have grease fittings in the ends? If not probably original. Some people put urethane bushings in and they squeak. When you lift the front end to get tire off the ground you should put wood block on top of frame rail under the upper control arm so it does not crush your shock bushings. In all the Ford manuals.

Back