Jump to content

Finally a new update video


Recommended Posts

Great job on your restoration and documenting it.   It will give you a great sense of achievement once you are done and look back at what you started with and the work it took to get you to the finish. 

  • Like 1

Kilgon

 

 

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another awesome video.  I love it when you post these. Great job. Keep up the good work. That's a ton of work to complete in a year but you are well on your way. 

 

Just a side note. I noticed in your pics of the rear of the car that your tail light panel still has the 8 holes across the bottom.  I believe those are for the bumper filler for a 73.  When you replace the tail panel on a 71 or 72 you need to weld those holes up before you paint. The aftermarket tail panel has the holes punched out for the 73's.  I did the same thing when I was restoring the yellow 71. I didn't notice until another member pointed it out to me. Thankfully the car was just in primer and I was able to weld them shut before it got painted. Here's a couple pics of what I'm talking about. 

 

 

 

 

2EF3DEB8-A15D-4258-A8C2-8857463BFC31.jpeg

B8EEEF50-77AF-430E-A94A-4834BD31DAF6.jpeg

E75EE27F-26CE-47D8-A0A7-A7B289AA5501.jpeg

Edited by turtle5353
  • Like 1

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, turtle5353 said:

Another awesome video.  I love it when you post these. Great job. Keep up the good work. That's a ton of work to complete in a year but you are well on your way. 

 

Just a side note. I noticed in your pics of the rear of the car that your tail light panel still has the 8 holes across the bottom.  I believe those are for the bumper filler for a 73.  When you replace the tail panel on a 71 or 72 you need to weld those holes up before you paint. The aftermarket tail panel has the holes punched out for the 73's.  I did the same thing when I was restoring the yellow 71. I didn't notice until another member pointed it out to me. Thankfully the car was just in primer and I was able to weld them shut before it got painted. Here's a couple pics of what I'm talking about. 

 

 

 

 

2EF3DEB8-A15D-4258-A8C2-8857463BFC31.jpeg

B8EEEF50-77AF-430E-A94A-4834BD31DAF6.jpeg

E75EE27F-26CE-47D8-A0A7-A7B289AA5501.jpeg

Thank you for all the tips and actually I believe it was a post of yours a while back where I saw this. I have in fact welded up those holes you mentioned, I should of made a comment about that because it’s a great note for those unaware. I did that the same evening the passenger seat base was welded in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kilgon said:

Great job on your restoration and documenting it.   It will give you a great sense of achievement once you are done and look back at what you started with and the work it took to get you to the finish. 

Thank you so much and I agree. 
I know it’s an extremely ambitious goal, it’s sort of just a way to keep me focused and determined. It’s not the end of the world if I don’t meet it but so far I’ve been right on schedule of where I wanted to be. I think the only thing that will be holding me back it’s weird oddball parts missing and money to finish it haha! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Trevynd said:

Thank you so much and I agree. 
I know it’s an extremely ambitious goal, it’s sort of just a way to keep me focused and determined. It’s not the end of the world if I don’t meet it but so far I’ve been right on schedule of where I wanted to be. I think the only thing that will be holding me back it’s weird oddball parts missing and money to finish it haha! 

Did you say money and finish!  With these cars there is always more money to spend on another thing needed so you can finish the car. At least that what I tell my wife. :whistling: 

Kilgon

 

 

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, midlife said:

My last name is Jacobson, not Johnson.  But you can call me Mid, but don't call me late for dinner.

Otherwise, great video.

Dangit! Leave it to the one guy who gets his name messed up more than anyone to screw up an easy last name.  Apologies!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bishoppeak said:

Wish I could sleep like that dog!

I was wondering if someone would see my dog there haha! 
River is a great shop dog, she’s in many of my videos. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bishoppeak said:

Did you replace the foam in your seats?

 

Is it that obvious? Hahah no I did not. 
they were in decent shape, and the upholstery guy added some skrim? I think he called it. I probably should of but that’s what I get for trying to save a buck 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update! The black car with the dog dishes is exactly the look I am after, too. I have them in a box, already cleaned, ready for install, also the spoilers and the louvers ;-) I let the original steel wheels cleaned and painted, now they have some Cooper Cobra white letters on them. Btw., your car is a well optioned one. A reference car is always very good, without it is sometimes a bit difficult to reassemble - don't ask me how I know... Keep us posted and take care!

 

  • Like 1

Tim

 

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Trevynd said:

Is it that obvious? Hahah no I did not. 
they were in decent shape, and the upholstery guy added some skrim? I think he called it. I probably should of but that’s what I get for trying to save a buck 

LOL, that was going to be my one critique also.  I was thinking either your upholstery guy sucks, or you didn't replace the foam.  I replaced the foam when I did mine several years ago now.  The seats both still look and feel great.  At some point, I think it still might be worth your while to change out the foam.  Also, I haven't checked lately, but when I did mine, nobody was making new foam for the backseat.  I had no choice but to re-use it.  Thankfully the foam was in decent shape, and you can't tell at all.

Otherwise, love the updates.  Great job man!

  • Like 1

Jason (71 Mach 1, 351C 4V, 4 Spd. Toploader, Grabber Blue)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/22/2021 at 10:32 AM, Kilgon said:

Did you say money and finish!  With these cars there is always more money to spend on another thing needed so you can finish the car. At least that what I tell my wife. :whistling: 

Yes I am learning that this car absolutely loves to take my money. I’m hoping for a nice reward when I start it up for the first time and get the tires smoking hahaha! 
 

my poor wife, she thinks it’s super cool but is like wait how much did that cost? Haha 

 

don’t worry babe, it’s totally worth it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, trillizo_y_uno said:

LOL, that was going to be my one critique also.  I was thinking either your upholstery guy sucks, or you didn't replace the foam.  I replaced the foam when I did mine several years ago now.  The seats both still look and feel great.  At some point, I think it still might be worth your while to change out the foam.  Also, I haven't checked lately, but when I did mine, nobody was making new foam for the backseat.  I had no choice but to re-use it.  Thankfully the foam was in decent shape, and you can't tell at all.

Otherwise, love the updates.  Great job man!

Yeah I was a little sad when I saw them for the first time. As awesome as they look, I was thinking it’d be a little tighter cuz I didn’t feel like the foam was THAT bad. 
 

maybe it’s a combo of both? Either way, it’s something I can change out whenever I suppose. The seats unbolt quickly...

im sure after the first road trip my butt will remind me how important it is to have fresh foam haha! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...