Bravo!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

The pancake motor is a one of a kind I think. I have three cars with PW and you cannot find a NOS rear motor. The fronts are easy but not the rear. I will probably do a pair after some shows coming up on my 72 Q vert build. Going to add the PW to it.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys, i see you mention about the pancake motor repair. I am restoring my 72 mach 1 and the armature in the rear pancake motor is partially destroyed with some of the conducting copper material broken and as such the motor in some points when turning loses contact and stops working. Any ideas on this one if repairable or where to find one ? Thanks fro your help! 

• Like 1

West Coast Classic Cougars has a video on refurbishing them.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Great job and a good info.  Will definitely help the net guy that tackles one.  They look in pretty bad shape.  Glad to see that you were able to get them running again.

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

On 4/13/2021 at 10:59 AM, gfmach1 said:

hi guys, i see you mention about the pancake motor repair. I am restoring my 72 mach 1 and the armature in the rear pancake motor is partially destroyed with some of the conducting copper material broken and as such the motor in some points when turning loses contact and stops working. Any ideas on this one if repairable or where to find one ? Thanks fro your help! 

I had one that was damaged as well, I tried to solder it back together but it was still intermittent, so in the end, tho it looked ok overall the couple breaks in the copper made it not work as well. I’m not too sure If there is a source of just the armature or if you’ll have to just find another one and hope for the best. Oddly enough the two most corroded assemblies I had, had good copper armatures. 

But as mentioned west coast classic cougar is a great source of info and parts and worth hitting them up