Spray Max products

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
I ran across an interesting line of painting product called Spray Max. I was particularly interested inter clear coat blender. Has anyone used their products? If so, what were results? Thanks, Chuck

It is the professional line of spray can products of a manufacturer (Peter Kwasny GmbH) in Germany which does also many of the more cheaper products for car spot repairs at our hardware stores (Auto-K, Multona, Racing). Spray Max is their professional line and simulates paint guns with 1K and 2K products. I have used both and I was ever very satisfied with their products. Recently I used the Spray Max 2K primer filler for the trunk, door hinges and wheel wells which then were overpainted with the 2K products of Glasurit of my paint guy for the final paint. It all behaved well with each other, no problems, finish perfect  :thumb:

Spray max has a lot of good stuff. I like the different gloss levels of black and the 2k matte and satin clear. The blender works pretty good, Axalta 790 is really good aerosol blender. Some paint supply stores can put 1k or 2k paint in their cans. I used the spray gun cleaner yesterday. Not as good as the 3m cleaner.

When I had my Subaru I used the Spray Max Colormatch Base and their 2K clear to paint a new wing and hood scoop and they worked great. I would definately use them again. 

My thanks to all who replied. It sounds like a good product line. It goes on my list of things to try. Chuck

Some of their spray cans are two parts - cap on bottom to activate.  Don't know if you are aware but if you don't use it all at one time put the can in the refrigerator and you can extend the pot life a extra day or two. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of their spray cans are two parts - cap on bottom to activate.  Don't know if you are aware but if you don't use it all at one time put the can in the refrigerator and you can extend the pot life a extra day or two. 
I know people will put the cans in the freezer and they claim to get weeks or even months longer. Never tried that myself. 

One other thing. Wear a respirator! especially with the 2k products. 3m 7192 or equivalent. 
 This. The stuff is gnarly so don't mess around and do wear a good mask. Also the stuff really carries so mask off a lot more than you think you need to. 

I've used the 2K sprays a fair bit. I love the product overall, but have issues with the cans. When working with larger areas, if the can isn't totally full and the can warmed up if will start to sputter when working on horizonal surfaces. With a gloss finish this can usually be dealt with by just going over the area again at that moment. When dealing with Matte finishes it will leave a texture difference that can only be dealt with by giving a full extra coat or sanding down and doing it again. 

Back