Anyone with a SN95 model Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
31 Model A Station Wagon “Woody”
69 Mach 1 - 351C
72 Mach 1 - 351C
96 Cobra Convertible
I spent a bit of time last weekend replacing the fuel pressure gauge on my ‘96 Cobra.  The mechanical gauge broke quite some time ago, so I am installing an electric gauge.  I have everything in place except the switched power lead.  Anyone with experience under the dash or hood of a SN95 working on electrical have a good hookup location for my gauge?  There is a fuse box under the hood by the battery, but it seems most items are constant hot.  I need switched hot, so I think I have to go under the dash.

Yes, I have one.  Depending on the amp draw of your new accessory, if it is low I would recommend you use the yellow/black wire going to the premium sound system.  It is easy to access and will provide the 12v switched source you need.  Good luck!

I had a 95 GT.  I had "hard wired" in a wire for the dash cam.  It was powered when the key was on.

I used ane of those add-a-fuse things.  Pull out some existing fuse that's powered on with the key, install the add-a-fuse, and then install your original fuse.

Back