Part one headliner install video

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job as usual.  Here are a few tips that might help you out if you haven't finished installing it yet.   Make sure you have the pockets in the bows cut back  far enough that when you got to stretch the headliner side to side that the pocket sleeve doesn't hit the where the bow connects.  Your clips should work but you will needs quit a few dozen to do it right.  Just make sure that you have the clips darn near touching each other side by sided or else you will get winkles and waves in the headliner.  Put the screws in for the sun visors and the halo (the trim that goes around the top) before you install the headliner.  You can then feel them with your finger and make a small slit on the head to get them back out.  It will make your life a lot easier not trying to find the screws holes under the headliner if you do the other way around.  Take your time and it will look great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job as usual.  Here are a few tips that might help you out if you haven't finished installing it yet.   Make sure you have the pockets in the bows cut back  far enough that when you got to stretch the headliner side to side that the pocket sleeve doesn't hit the where the bow connects.  Your clips should work but you will needs quit a few dozen to do it right.  Just make sure that you have the clips darn near touching each other side by sided or else you will get winkles and waves in the headliner.  Put the screws in for the sun visors and the halo (the trim that goes around the top) before you install the headliner.  You can then feel them with your finger and make a small slit on the head to get them back out.  It will make your life a lot easier not trying to find the screws holes under the headliner if you do the other way around.  Take your time and it will look great.
Thank you so much for your tips in fact I went back and found a post you made regarding the order of install for interior components and took screenshots for reference. 
as you can see in the video I began trimming the rod channel and then now that we know it’s up I can now see how much more I need to trim. I did install all the screws! And I bought some edge trim/wind lace stuff to try instead of clips but I do have 4 dozen of them. We’re getting close! 
Looking forward to having it done!

Thank you so much for your tips in fact I went back and found a post you made regarding the order of install for interior components and took screenshots for reference. 
as you can see in the video I began trimming the rod channel and then now that we know it’s up I can now see how much more I need to trim. I did install all the screws! And I bought some edge trim/wind lace stuff to try instead of clips but I do have 4 dozen of them. We’re getting close! 
Looking forward to having it done!
I was going to mention the windlace but I figure your clips were working for you.  You will want to cut that in to about 3" pieces.  It will hold the headliner tight and I think it will work better than your clips.  If you look at the picture below you can see the windlace pieces holding the headliner and sail panels in place.  Get the headliner nice and tight  ad then removed a section of the windlace and applied glue and then redo the windlace.  Enough said, I'm for sure you can handle it. lol.  

20200325_113452.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back