Trunk Undercarriage Bracket

Hi,

Can someone please give me some quick info on this bracket? There are two on each side underneath trunk floor. I didn't measure in before I pulled the trunk floor out.  I guess I can measure off the underside of where the hatch holder locks in when its dropped down into the trunk of the old trunk floor as shown in pic.  Cant remember what attaches to these brackets.  I need to reinstall underneath on new trunk floor.  Appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Darren 1972

20210306_132638.thumb.jpg.e07ba5ade566c6e1d94dacc9aa719556.jpg

Chasing Rust

That's what I was thinking but my 71 doesn't have them.  The gas tank straps bolt to the cross member.  Don't know what else they could be for.   

• Thanks 1

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

4 hours ago, Hemikiller said:

Those are just guide brackets to position the gas tank during assembly at the factory. 

That's what I wondered about these days, too, as I removed my old gas tank and saw them. Thank you for the explanation :thumb:

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony: