Update: FOUND! WANTED: 1971 Hurst shift lever, new, used, original or reproduction is OK!

Update: I found one! Thanks to all!

I need a Hurst shift lever from a 1971 Mustang top loader. New or used, original or reproduction. The 1970 design is very similar and would work as well. Will buy the whole shifter body and rods if desired. Thank you for reading!hurst.jpg

Edited by fordismyboss

Ford: Built without a Bailout - Best bumper sticker ever!

Checked with Scott Brokaw he has none at this time. Thank you for the tip.

I'll just throw in a FYI intended to help others.

Scott Brokaw is the person who rebuilt my Hurst shifter and did an excellent job and was extremely helpful throughout the process. The rebuild service is through www.hurstshiftersonline.com 

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Around 1988, the original shift lever in my car was cut in half for "short throw" and welded. It's ruined! So I need a lever badly. Willing to take anything; even something that needs a complete re-chrome. Thanks to all. 

• 1 month later...

Did you ever find the shifter? I saw this on Marketplace today it is near me. Probably not right has the offset at the bottom not flat like your picture. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1098500583895133/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A29557cfb-e811-4a9f-b3fc-514103ee2b56
No photo description available.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Thank you for posting this image! But, I just found the shift lever I need, a 7831 Hurst. Enjoy the weekend!

• fordismyboss changed the title to Update: FOUND! WANTED: 1971 Hurst shift lever, new, used, original or reproduction is OK!