Rear Shocks from QA1 or Viking

I had KYB for years then when I switched to a coilover front suspension, I went Bilstein on all four corners. I have zero complaints with them.

Bilstein rear shock for 65-73 Mustang, 60-65 Falcon, 67-70 Cougar & 62-65 FairlaneStreet or Track Mustang Front Bilstein Coilover System

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tnfastbk said:

I had KYB for years then when I switched to a coilover front suspension, I went Bilstein on all four corners. I have zero complaints with them.

Great info Thanks

For knowing your limit you have to pass it ::thumb::

• Like 1

Plain Jane | 1971 F Code Coupe 302/C4 Automatic

Goin' to Town Rig | 1971 F100 Ranger XLT LWB 390FE/C6 Automatic

Commuter | 2018 Tesla Model 3 Midrange RWD

I ended up ordering a set of Vikings for mine. Also going with their front coil over kit. But I liked that the Viking double adjustables are almost the price of the QA1 Single adjustables. Im looking forward to getting them in the car and seeing how they work. 

• Like 1

I just installed a pair of the Viking on the rear of my Mach I this weekend.  Too much rain to take the car out and see how much different they are compared to the KYB that were on it.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I'm thinking about a set to replace my GasAjust. I look forward to hearing a report. I may go with the coilover fronts. 

• Like 1

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

These are the JRi (single adjustable) that came with my Maier MOD1 suspension. I still need to test drive the car but from what I hear this is a very high quality brand. Seen here with the Hyperco spring and the new UCA.

20210321_001817.thumb.jpg.150c646ef4793bc3eada86b5c7b24372.jpg20210306_235814.thumb.jpg.7358e2aee6ce6ed21a28ede0816dca7c.jpg

• Like 2

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

3 hours ago, tony-muscle said:

These are the JRi (single adjustable) that came with my Maier MOD1 suspension. I still need to test drive the car but from what I hear this is a very high quality brand. Seen here with the Hyperco spring and the new UCA.

20210321_001817.thumb.jpg.150c646ef4793bc3eada86b5c7b24372.jpg20210306_235814.thumb.jpg.7358e2aee6ce6ed21a28ede0816dca7c.jpg

That is some serious equipment  Really nice choice

On 3/12/2021 at 5:06 AM, Tnfastbk said:

Bilstein rear shock for 65-73 Mustang, 60-65 Falcon, 67-70 Cougar & 62-65 FairlaneStreet or Track Mustang Front Bilstein Coilover System

Same hear both front and rear with Shawn's coil over system. An absolute pleasure to drive.

• Like 1

I can hopefully start to give some feedback on the Vikings I put in. Curious how it feels driving it with the front coil overs. But she is going in for an alignment today and then she is ready to hit the streets again. 

• Like 1

After a few rides I can say that there is a big difference vs GAS dampers. Just one click on the damper is making a big change. Wating for new wheels , 18 inch Il be back with more info.