New to this Forum

XLRACER

Very happy to have found this forum. My name is Tracy Burdeshaw. I live in TN. My mustang is a 72 Fastback. My uncle bought the car in 72. My dad had the car until 77 when he gave it to me. My uncle got her back in 1990. In the 90's he did a lot of work on our car. In 2013 he gives me a call and tells me to come get the car. It was my turn again. This time last year at the start of the shutdown, I knew I needed a distraction so I started a restoration. I'm 12 months in have about 12 more to go.   This pic is my aunt and uncle at a cruise in Mississippi back in the 90's. 351 Cleveland 2 barrel heads FMX transmission.

mustang.jpg

Welcome from League City TX!  Nice clean ride.  Keep the pics coming.  Status the restoration when you can with lotsa pics!

9-20-19-Mine-Again.jpg1972 Mach 1 351 Cleveland Ram Air, C6, 9 inch with 3.25 Posi, Sanderson Ceramic Headers, 2.5" dual H Pipe exhaust w/stainless tips, MSD Ignition, Edlelbrock 4BB Carb, Wilwood Front Discs, Summit Racing Rear Discs.

Welcome from Virginia.  Great picture and story.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome from Ohio

Black 1971 Mach 1

351C/FMX/TrickFlow Heads/Lunati Retro Roller Conversion

Classic Auto AC, Manual Front Discs, Upgraded Springs/Shocks/Close-Ratio Steering

IMG-2977.jpg

Hello and a warm welcome from SW Ontario, Canada. Nice car, nice project. All the help you'll ever need is here, just ask. 

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Welcome from NC. That’s a great looking car!

Lazarus

9-C51-EEB4-A25-A-4-F27-8-D01-0-EB879931296.jpg

10 hours ago, XLRACER said:

Very happy to have found this forum. My name is Tracy Burdeshaw. I live in TN. My mustang is a 72 Fastback. My uncle bought the car in 72. My dad had the car until 77 when he gave it to me. My uncle got her back in 1990. In the 90's he did a lot of work on our car. In 2013 he gives me a call and tells me to come get the car. It was my turn again. This time last year at the start of the shutdown, I knew I needed a distraction so I started a restoration. I'm 12 months in have about 12 more to go.   This pic is my aunt and uncle at a cruise in Mississippi back in the 90's. 351 Cleveland 2 barrel heads FMX transmission.

mustang.jpg

What a lovely and unusual colour. It looks like a dream-boat.. all the best and welcome from Limey lowlife's in the UK . 

sig2.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

Welcome from another Ohioan.  Nice looking  car.  Really nice to see that it has stayed in the family.   Good luck on your restoration.

Edited by Kilgon

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Glad to have your car and you onboard.

Welcome from Oregon.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Welcome from Illinois!  That is a great looking car. I’m glad that you have a close family that kept the car in the family!

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. We have a big mustang show coming up in Tenn. in a couple weeks. PITS, Ponies In The Smokies in Pigeon Forge Tenn. Come visit i will be part of the inside display with a 1973 Mach 1. Should be another member there with a 1972.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

19 hours ago, Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs said:

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. We have a big mustang show coming up in Tenn. in a couple weeks. PITS, Ponies In The Smokies in Pigeon Forge Tenn. Come visit i will be part of the inside display with a 1973 Mach 1. Should be another member there with a 1972.

I am going right now to find a room. This looks like a great time even if I dont have mine ready to show.

On 3/13/2021 at 9:49 AM, 1sostatic said:

What a lovely and unusual colour. It looks like a dream-boat.. all the best and welcome from Limey lowlife's in the UK . 

The color is Gold Glow. My uncle had to put in an order to get this color. I'm pretty sure it was only available for 71-73 

Welcome from west Michigan! Please post some photos of your progress. 

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

:welcome:from Germany! 

Great car! I am a little biased to Gold Glow... :thumb:

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony: