Power steering box question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
I had my 73 mach 1 box sent out for the faster ratio gears. I'm getting ready to install my hydraboost and don't remember which side of the box is which with regards to high and low pressure? If I'm at the front of the car looking at the driver's seat which one is which left to right? Thanks

I had my 73 mach 1 box sent out for the faster ratio gears. I'm getting ready to install my hydraboost and don't remember which side of the box is which with regards to high and low pressure? If I'm at the front of the car looking at the driver's seat which one is which left to right? Thanks
They only fit one way, you can't f'em up. The flare nuts are different sizes. but the inner one towards the engine is the HP and the outer is the low pressure return. Tip, use Crow Foot flare wrenches and a long (18") extension to tighten them as there is not much room to get full tightness with a normal flare wrench.

IMG_0760_LI.jpg

They only fit one way, you can't f'em up. The flare nuts are different sizes. but the inner one towards the engine is the HP and the outer is the low pressure return. Tip, use Crow Foot flare wrenches and a long (18") extension to tighten them as there is not much room to get full tightness with a normal flare wrench.

View attachment 49528
Thanks for the tip. Guess I would of realized it getting into it. Figured I'd ask first. Too much money vested to make mistakes. Even though they happen I try to avoid them...

Thanks for the tip. Guess I would of realized it getting into it. Figured I'd ask first. Too much money vested to make mistakes. Even though they happen I try to avoid them...
No problem Best to ask first. No such thing as a dumb question. Good luck with it.

Back