new tool opinion

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1, 351c 4v, C6 trans, grabber blue with white interior
Recently read on here about people using a borescope to look at things otherwise normally hard to see. I bought this from amazon and it seems reasonably priced or cheaper as compared to others for sale. It connects to your phone (depending on type) and works pretty good actually. I can see where it would be good looking into sparkplug holes or under the dash where its hard seeing things.

The question I have is related to the "waterproof" feature. You think it would it be safe to look into a radiator or gas tank?? Checking for internal condition, debris, fuel sock condition etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be water proof since they are typically just a fiber optic. However, the visibility could be pretty bad. Also, I don't know about gas since it may eat away the plastic. Before putting it into a fuel tank or radiator I suggest to test it first in a separate container.

I have one that I bought off eBay or Amazon a couple years ago. Pretty useful, plugs into your device and you can take snapshots or short videos. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an old one and the picture quality is poor. How good is the picture quality on these new one? Chuck

I have two, the older one has it's own display, better picture, display not high-res, but the camera end is about 1/2" diameter. The new one is about 1/4" diameter, picture is OK, just a very short in-focus distance, connects to my phone or tablet, so the display is much better quality than the old one.

Back