After Covid jab

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my J&J shot yesterday. A little stuffy in the sinuses today, but that could be my allergies as it hit 65° here. Either way, glad to have gotten it. 

I'm always trying to keep my liquid intake up.  :thumb:    I got the Pfizer and had no side effects other than just a little tender where I got the 2nd shot.  My wife got the Moderma and got feeling pretty bad after the 2nd shot.  Last a little over a day and then she was back  to normal.    

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the first Moderna shot, area was sore and a bit swollen for a couple of days (didn't stop me from working on the sled) and then it went away. I go back next month for the second round.

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday.  A little bit of a sore arm after each innoculation, but that was it.  I was in the special immunization program at Ft. Detrick when I was in the army back in the late 80's and early 90's.  I was vaccinated for everything from A to Z.  From Anthrax, Botulism, to Venzuelan Equine Encephlitis, Yellow Fever, and everything in between.  This Pfizer vaccine was nothing.  

I got my first shot about 4 weeks ago.  No problems with the first 20 minutes or so, but after that?  I grew a second head with horns protruding, a third eye appeared in my forehead, my hands were shakey because each now had 6 fingers.  Once I consumed a few adult beverages, things calmed down and I was back to normal. 

I got back for the second shot on Saturday.  I'll be prepared for the side effects this time...

I got my first shot about 4 weeks ago.  No problems with the first 20 minutes or so, but after that?  I grew a second head with horns protruding, a third eye appeared in my forehead, my hands were shakey because each now had 6 fingers.  Once I consumed a few adult beverages, things calmed down and I was back to normal. 

I got back for the second shot on Saturday.  I'll be prepared for the side effects this time...
It will be nice to grow a third hand which will come very handy when wrenching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I forgot one other side effect from the COVID shot: my hair turned gray and my belly seemed to grow a new spare tire.  OK...two additional side effects.  Crap.

Well I guess I am putting the shot to the test. Was at the PITS mustang show from Thursday until today, thousands there. I hate to say but most did not mask up. It was in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. and they did not have many restrictions for sure. I did wear mask at most times and used hand sanitizer lots. Fingers crossed hope the shot works. The restaurants I was in had every table filled no empty ones. They did have Plexiglas between booths. Tags were from all over so will see how it goes. I know my neck says do not do this again. I can hardly turn my head.
There was a pain killing thing there at the show. Used electrical shocks to stop pain. I let them hook me up for 20 min. did nothing.
So I do hope all get great results from your shots. There are so many that say that they will not take a conspiracy to control the world. Your kids and grand kids will have stories to tell so document it for them so it will never fade into history.

I screwed up royally on Saturday.  Was working on a harness early in the AM and completely forgot about my appointment for my second shot at 10:10.  Dang.  Called up to see if I could be rescheduled, but they said they would call me on Monday.

What a duck fumg I am!

I screwed up royally on Saturday.  Was working on a harness early in the AM and completely forgot about my appointment for my second shot at 10:10.  Dang.  Called up to see if I could be rescheduled, but they said they would call me on Monday.

What a duck fumg I am!
I would have figured that when you grew that second head after the first shot you would have surely remember.   :whistling:

The first shot was no big deal. My arm was sore for the day. The second shot was no big deal for the first 10 hours then hit me hard. I had the chills and very tired. I tool a sick day the next day and 24 hours later I was fine again. I never had a delayed reaction like that before. I got the moderna vaccine. No complaints  I am very happy to be vaccinated.

John J

And meanwhile in Ontario, Canada, things are finally picking up. I got my first Pfizer shot on Tuesday, but won't get my second till June sometime. As all our vaccines come from Europe or India, delivery is a bit on the slow side. Now we just got put back into lockdown again for a month. People just don't get it. Stay the F home and play by the rules. I got car shows I want to go to!

The PITS show I went to in Pigeon Forge or Sieverville, TN. They were really lax hardly anyone wore masks. At the restaurants they filled every table. They did have some Plexiglas hanging between booths but your are 2' apart. There were people from as far away as California I think won long distance. I do not go out that much anyway.
On a different subject they are calling for snow here tonight. I have my garden seeds in the boxes and some are up. Would have had in garden but cannot pull the rope on the tiller hard enough to start with neck out. A great April fools if is snows.

Back