The EPA is coming for your tuner and exhaust

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
 I ran across this today. https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/national-compliance-initiative-stopping-aftermarket-defeat-devices-vehicles-and-engines  They have also fined Magnaflow and Flowmaster large sums for selling an exhaust systems without Catalytic convertors. This doesn't affect the 71-73 cars but does not bode well for newer car owners. The " Not intended for highway use." disclaimer means nothing. Yet another reason for me to hold a bloated, inefficient, ineffective, and, mentally disturbed Federal government in contempt. Chuck

I ran across this today. https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/national-compliance-initiative-stopping-aftermarket-defeat-devices-vehicles-and-engines  They have also fined Magnaflow and Flowmaster large sums for selling an exhaust systems without Catalytic convertors. This doesn't affect the 71-73 cars but does not bode well for newer car owners. The " Not intended for highway use." disclaimer means nothing. Yet another reason for me to hold a bloated, inefficient, ineffective, and, mentally disturbed Federal government in contempt. Chuck
You must be referring to the current Canadian  Liberal government with your last statement. They’re literally, “nut’s”...

I can't believe you had so nice words for our government.    I would have had a few more explicit words.  :lollerz:    But seriously, you hit the nail on the head.  What a waste.  

I was specifically referring to the US Federal Government. However, many other national governments fit into that same category. Canada does, Australia does, New Zealand does, the UK does, and, virtually all of the EU does. I hate typing so I've truncated my list, I hope the others don't feel slighted. The elite class belief "I know better than the people do. And it is my duty to impose my beliefs on them for their own good." sounds an awful lot like the "Noblesse Oblige" belief of the nobles from centuries ago. Chuck

Kilgon, I was trying to keep it clean for all readers. There are so many things I could say about what is happening to my country that I love and respect. It is not just the elected officials at fault. The "poor me" sympathizers (they really are desperate to be one of the cool kids) who vote these people into office are just as much to blame, if not more.  Chuck

Back