Who's Car is this?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Email me if you would. I would like to get info on you wheels. Also if anybody else out there has any info on what the biggest tire and wheel package you can run on a 71 feel free to chime in. Wanting to run the widest wheel posssible in the rear with no mods.

July2007017[1] (Large).jpg

I've seen that car a few times around the internet...not sure who's it is though. I think it is in our collage on the portal page also.

I can't really say what the widest wheel and tire combo possible is, but I can tell you what I have/had on mine. I used to run a set of 295-50-15's on 8.5" wide rims, which was fairly close, but did not rub. Currently I have 255-45-18's on 9.5" wide rims, they do not come close to touching. I really should have gone with 275's, I think, but wasn't sure if they would fit well on the rims. Of course, the wider you go, the more attention you have to pay to backspacing. Also, my mustang is set up with a little rake, and is not sitting low in the back like a lot of them do after 40 years. You could probably go a little wider than I have, but not much before you have to modify the tubs.

Thanks for the answers. What back spacing do you have on the 9.5's?

I have heard of people running a 10 before but can't seem to find any of them now that I need answers. What are you running on the front?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back