• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

72 Grande wiring harnesses: Engine bay, dash, a/c, seat belt? For sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detritusmaximus

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Grande #1 looong time ago
1970 Sportsroof #2 almost as long
1971 Sportsroof M-code #3 needs money
2008 GT #4 where the money went
EDIT: According to MidLife, these harnesses are from a 72.

Car is confirmed as a 72 302, if that makes any difference. 

I've got several harnesses that I don't need. The engine bay harness, the dash harness with fuse block, a/c (I think) and a couple I suspect are for the seat belts.

The car was partially stripped when I got it and was an H code automatic with a/c, probably a non-tach car. It did not have center gauges, power windows or rear defrost. No console wiring.

Please have a look at the pics. The big green connector was intact, but just after taking a pic of it I let it hit the side of the table and broke a tab off, so, new pic. Most of the connectors appear to be intact, but there are a few that have been cut. Please look at the pics carefully.

Here is the dash harness:

73 Dash 1.jpg

73 Dash 2.jpg

73 Dash 3.jpg

73 Dash 4.jpg

73 Dash 5.jpg

73 Dash 6.jpg

73 Dash 7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Engine Bay harness:

73 Engine bay1.jpg

73 Engine bay 2.jpg

73 Engine bay3 .jpg

73 Engine bay 4.jpg

73 Engine Bay 5.jpg

73 Engine Bay 6.jpg

73 Engine Bay 7.jpg

73 Engine Bay 8.jpg

And the unknown harness D2ZB 12K45 from behind dash, I'm not sure what it is for:

73 what harness 1 D2ZB 12K45.jpg

73 What Harness 2  D2ZB 12K45.jpg

Sorry, but that is a 72.  You can tell by the red 3 pin connector for the tail light harness: the 73 has only two pins.  Also, the engine bay has the "pink" plug near the green connector which is also a 72 version. The third harness is what I call the heater extension harness and is an AC version.  Note that the sticker says D2ZB, which again, is a 72.

And the seatbelt warning harness?:

Seatbelt1.jpg

seatbelt2.jpg

Sorry, but that is a 72.  You can tell by the red 3 pin connector for the tail light harness: the 73 has only two pins.  Also, the engine bay has the "pink" plug near the green connector which is also a 72 version. 
Hi-

I was hoping you would comment. That is interesting. The car has a 73 title and 73 front end on it. I pulled both harnesses out of the car and they were in place as if they always had been there. I am guessing on some of this. I will change the thread title. Thank you.

I assumed the D2ZB was a carry over with no changes, but I think between the two us I'm not the expert.

I don't know what the value is, but offers are welcome. I can probably fit the bigger harnesses in USPS flat rate boxes, so shipping probably $15-$18 each. The smaller harnesses $10 or less.

David-

Apparently the car is a 72 with a 73 bumper fitted and may have had a 73 grille (I don't remember what was in it, if anything, when I got the car). I will look at the wiring for those parking lights, they may have been spliced for the later grille.

Yep, they look spliced in. 72 harness with 73 parking light sockets.

71/72 sportslamps had 2 wires going into the sockets; 73 had three wires. 

I don't know, just what is in the pics.

What all is in the convenience group?

Map light, glovebox light, seat back latch releases, and under dash lights if not a convertible.  I don't see it in your photos.  It would be a separate harness that's about 8 feet long, has a 3-pin door jamb switch connector on the passenger side, with a jumper for the normal 2-pin socket, a connector for the seat back release, then over the relay panel there is a bulb socket for the glovebox light, a bullet socket for the glovebox lamp switch, a connector for the seat back latch release relay, a connector for the map light, and then the connector for the seat back latch release on the driver's side.

Ah, then I'd say I don't have it.

Back