Vendor

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few companies merged. Mustang america, Mr Mustang...  and Eckler where I've ordered a fan shroud for my 429.
Let just say I wasn't happy about what I've premium payed for. What I really hated after having contact with them is that they continued to offer damaged and really really really really bellow basic quality standards, items that they even told me being aware they were bad.
So while you can't put all in the same bag, I know they're out of my shop list.

Speaking of vendors, 2 that deserves a mention when it comes to perfect deliveries with great support for us on the other side of the water, are NPD and Rockauto. Rockauto beats all the companies I have ordered from when it comes to transport pre-payed imports fees. One downer for me is the good old Summit. Great offer and perfect service for sure, but they've changed they shipping methods for Europe and push us down the throat the most expensive option without any choice for a while now and basically they became a no-deal address. Past years only ordered to them via friends and a client that lives 10 mins away from them and get the stuffs shipped another way.

This was posted on the VMF by Rick Schmidt from NPD

Anyone remember Carl Pendley, "Mr. Mustang"??? Well, Carl passed away, his family carried on for a few years, and then in 2014 sold Mr. Mustang to a Private Equity group called RPUI, which owns several mostly-GM restoration parts manufacturers/wholesalers. In 2015, RPUI acquired Corvette America, so they re-named Mr. Mustang as "Mustang America", and moved everything into the Corvette America facility in PA.

Now, apparently, they've created an "umbrella" called Top Flight Automotive, and moved Mustang and Corvette America under that umbrella. Also, it looks like they're resuscitating the old Mr. Mustang name for the 65-73 classic parts.

Now, ownership may have changed, because Top Flight claims to be owned by "Extra Mile Brands", which I cannot connect back to RPUI. That doesn't mean they're not connected at the hip by the same PE investment team, I just can't say. All I know is that, typically with PE, ownership changes hands within a 7 year period. But recent changes in tax code (Trump) may have changed that game. I don't know.

Anyhow, somewhere, under all those layers of acquisitions and name changes and moves and whatnot, lays the remnants of Carl Pendley's original business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back