New member new Mustang.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cribbs74

Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Ron and just purchased a 1972 Coupe for my 15yr old son. It needs some work but runs and mostly works. I am contemplating swapping the C4 to a manual. Other than than that it’s a cleanup and paint and rolling restoration. I will get it safe and reliable, it’s up to him to make it something nice.  

I am glad there is a forum dedicated to these cars. I have attached a couple pictures of me pulling it out of the barn and another of it in my back field.

F63D5357-F079-4499-9313-1300EE8158DD.jpeg

B1411B8E-6DF5-45AE-B032-743D685F1480.jpeg

Welcome from League City Texas!  looks like a good barn save.  Like to know how you do on the 4 speed conversion.

Welcome from Virginia. Lots of great info here. It's great to hear the younger generation taking interest in these Mustangs. 

Welcome from Central Ohio - post pictures and ask questions - lots of willing people around here!

Jim

Welcome from Southern Ohio.  Nice to see a father and son project.  Keep us posted on how you / he is making out.  Lots of friendly people here and a wealth of knowledge to be had just for the asking. 

Welcome from O'Fallon, MO.  Folks here are VERY helpful!  Looks like a great project.

Welcome to the forum. The pedal assemblies are different from drum brakes to PDB so be careful what you buy. Also you need everything from the rear end to the crankshaft to make the swap. Might be less cost to go with a WC T-5 swap but also know what you are getting. The 4 cyl. and 6 cyl. T-5 are not good needs to be a WC out of Gt or Cobra to be a good one and 1995 was last year then went to Modular engine with different bell housing. Always ask questions before jumping into parts for sure. There are dozens of different toploaders also do know what it is before you buy. Shifters in wrong place weak etc, etc. Here is some of the manual transmission parts.

85019510_3077317128953766_1984604512312098816_o.jpg

Back