'71 429SCJ 4-spd Hardtop for Sale (Auction).

7173Vert

Hmmmm. Dont think anyone here own's this? There are some possible red flags in my mind based on the very short description and not to great photos of the car as presented. However, this is a very rare car. Would love to have it...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Ford-Mustang/174721071849?hash=item28ae2ffae9:g:HiUAAOSwz-tgaykg

• Like 1

"Yes dear", has kept me in the hobby a long time...

That makes at least two of us. But, I have to pay taxes, buy food, gas, etc.. Chuck

Interesting car. Is a retail order a customer order? If so, I bet that person was nervous as hell that the car wouldn't get built that late in the model in the year...

Matt

Thanks for sharing. Add me to the list of "love to have it". If it really is the original drive train, where will you find another. Never seen another scj hardtop survivor. Good thing it isn't red.

Edited by Stillakid54

Bookend 71 b1, scj convertible.

I tried to look at the bidders but hidden. Do not understand why seller would do that. I am betting will be a joke bidder to win. I seldom see anything actually sell always joke bidders with lots of retracted bids. E-bay sucks now they need to step up an change. If they made you put a $500 no refundable deposit down it would change. Anyone not winning the bid would be out nothing but winning bidder would loose $500 if they did not close the deal. The joke bidding would stop.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

1 hour ago, Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs said:

I tried to look at the bidders but hidden. Do not understand why seller would do that. I am betting will be a joke bidder to win. I seldom see anything actually sell always joke bidders with lots of retracted bids. E-bay sucks now they need to step up an change. If they made you put a $500 no refundable deposit down it would change. Anyone not winning the bid would be out nothing but winning bidder would loose $500 if they did not close the deal. The joke bidding would stop.

And the car?

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, Stillakid54 said:

Does anyone know what happened with this car?

Based on the auction, it never reached its reserve.

7 hours ago, 7173Vert said:

Based on the auction, it never reached its reserve.

...but it would make a nice addition to your collection, Ken :biggrin: 

Btw: how is the situation up there in Canada? I heard it is unusual hot in there... Hope, you come through the heat well! 

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

13 hours ago, timachone said:

...but it would make a nice addition to your collection, Ken :biggrin: 

Btw: how is the situation up there in Canada? I heard it is unusual hot in there... Hope, you come through the heat well! 

I thought about it... but, my space is full. I'm closer to Toronto and we did not get the heat bubble that the West got. Unusual for sure, with some of those temperatures. Some like to call it Global Warming... Think I will go out and start the mustang, lol.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, 7173Vert said:

I thought about it... but, my space is full. I'm closer to Toronto and we did not get the heat bubble that the West got. Unusual for sure, with some of those temperatures. Some like to call it Global Warming... Think I will go out and start the mustang, lol.

Good to hear you are not under the baken ones. Stay safe and take care :thumb:

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony: