Ram Air Ideas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2010 Ford F150 Screw
2010 Buick Lacrosse
2002 Triumph Trophy
1972 Mustang Grande
1954 Ford F100
I just wondered, have any of you ever tried to build a ram air duct into a dual snorkle setup. I was thinking of an idea but one of you may have already done it. If so could you post your idea or photo? thanks

spectre makes a few for cars with carbs i was also looking into one of these but some of these are almost $500 and for that you can get aftermarket ram air kit (cj pony parts has it on sale for $420 now)

I would think it would be tough to have something hooked to the ram air inlets and still be able to open and close the hood. I'll have to think on this one awhile. :huh:

Someone back in the early 70's (don't remember if it was GM or Mopar) had seals on the top of the snorkles that mated to the hood. I just can't remember who, but someone here probably does. You might be able to duplicate that. An easier choice might be to run a '73 duct setup and duplicate it on the left side. It wouldn't have the same "cool factor" but would look factory.

Steve

Someone back in the early 70's (don't remember if it was GM or Mopar) had seals on the top of the snorkles that mated to the hood. I just can't remember who, but someone here probably does. You might be able to duplicate that. An easier choice might be to run a '73 duct setup and duplicate it on the left side. It wouldn't have the same "cool factor" but would look factory.

Steve
Do you mean something like this?

1969-buick-gs-400-3.jpg

It's from a 69 Buick GS.

'82-85 5.0 Mustang/Capri.

No "ram" air, just cold air.

The '86-up FI cars have round block off plates on the inner fenders where the snorkels attached to on the early cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you guys are in trouble now. I went ahead and bought the CJ ram air kit after you told me about the price. My wife is upset so I told her you guys put me up to it. You are in deep water guys.

Yep, mine just asked me how much I spent last month on the car. I am now selling my wieder gym and my eliptical trainer thanks to the car. Like I was using them anyways. LOL

Latest posts

Back