1972 Mexican Coupe 351W 4sp

Got it ready for inspection and gave it a bath. OMG there is so much dust. I think car sat for a while and then my garage is not the cleanest. I think it is a keeper. Not at all happy with the paint but I can redo that in 2 or 3 yrs (other projects ahead of this one getting a new dress).

Wisdom, knowledge and intelligence are three very different things.

1971 convertible, H-code, Ram Air

1971 Mach I, M-code, Ram Air

1972 Mexican GT-351

1988 Bronco II

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

The Mexican Mustangs can sure throw off some of us US-built purists!   No  correct GT-351 stickers or is it an actual GT-351?  There is quite a bit of Mexican Mustang info on this site.  A few years ago I was fortunate to attend a Mustang event in Guadalajara Mexico.  Got to ride in and look over a really nicely done GT-351 clone.  There were a few other 71-3 cars there with one very nice red 73 sportsroof (non Mexican Sprint).

Ray

Edited by Boss1Ray
clarification

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Posted (edited)

The original sales contract say "conjunto GT" but it also says automatic but it is clearly a 4 sp which matches the tag (as does the engine code).  The VIN on the contract also matches the tag on the car.  It was very poorly repainted hence the missing stickers.  Everything else appears to match what i have been able to determine from other GT-351's..  M

ore info and pics here:

9 hours ago, Boss1Ray said:

The Mexican Mustangs can sure throw off some of us US-built purists!   No  correct GT-351 stickers or is it an actual GT-351?  There is quite a bit of Mexican Mustang info on this site.  A few years ago I was fortunate to attend a Mustang event in Guadalajara Mexico.  Got to ride in and look over a really nicely done GT-351 clone.  There were a few other 71-3 cars there with one very nice red 73 sportsroof (non Mexican Sprint).

Ray

Edited by cwalker509

Wisdom, knowledge and intelligence are three very different things.

1971 convertible, H-code, Ram Air

1971 Mach I, M-code, Ram Air

1972 Mexican GT-351

1988 Bronco II