1972 Mexican Coupe 351W 4sp

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
1971 Mustang Mach I
1972 Mexican GT-351
1971 Mustang Convertible
1988 Bronco II
1970 Torino 4 door
Got it ready for inspection and gave it a bath. OMG there is so much dust. I think car sat for a while and then my garage is not the cleanest. I think it is a keeper. Not at all happy with the paint but I can redo that in 2 or 3 yrs (other projects ahead of this one getting a new dress).

View attachment 20210411_122313.mp4

The Mexican Mustangs can sure throw off some of us US-built purists!   No  correct GT-351 stickers or is it an actual GT-351?  There is quite a bit of Mexican Mustang info on this site.  A few years ago I was fortunate to attend a Mustang event in Guadalajara Mexico.  Got to ride in and look over a really nicely done GT-351 clone.  There were a few other 71-3 cars there with one very nice red 73 sportsroof (non Mexican Sprint).

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
The original sales contract say "conjunto GT" but it also says automatic but it is clearly a 4 sp which matches the tag (as does the engine code).  The VIN on the contract also matches the tag on the car.  It was very poorly repainted hence the missing stickers.  Everything else appears to match what i have been able to determine from other GT-351's..  M

ore info and pics here:

The Mexican Mustangs can sure throw off some of us US-built purists!   No  correct GT-351 stickers or is it an actual GT-351?  There is quite a bit of Mexican Mustang info on this site.  A few years ago I was fortunate to attend a Mustang event in Guadalajara Mexico.  Got to ride in and look over a really nicely done GT-351 clone.  There were a few other 71-3 cars there with one very nice red 73 sportsroof (non Mexican Sprint).

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Back