"it will pay you back"

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
Not a bad deal for $1,750!

If only...
Went I first saw this number I was wondering why complain about it, but then I realized that the asking price is actually $17,500. I wonder how will it pay "you" back. Maybe a heart attack! :lollerz:

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is there are way too many dreamers out there who think these cars are worth a fortune, regardless of condition. Considering what we all know it will cost to actually "restore" that car, 30-40 grand, I wouldn't pay more than 5 K and that would entirely depend on personal inspection and condition. A small hole can end up costing thousands.

I only paid 15K for mine and it was done and driving, zero rust or bodywork. 

The problem is there are way too many dreamers out there who think these cars are worth a fortune, regardless of condition. Considering what we all know it will cost to actually "restore" that car, 30-40 grand, I wouldn't pay more than 5 K and that would entirely depend on personal inspection and condition. A small hole can end up costing thousands.

I only paid 15K for mine and it was done and driving, zero rust or bodywork. 
I blame it in the "barn find" phenomenon. Just because it is an old card found in horrible condition it doesn't make it valuable.

notice the new rear tire on the rear passenger side?  Got a sort of rice burner angle to it...

gee, a Mach 1 with a standard mustang hood and grill............must be rare??
 That car is a total joke for the money, period. I see now what you mean about the rear tire. I guess it must be just placed in there for the pics.

I'm also guessing that the reason the door won't open is that the body has sagged enough that the door is the only thing keeping the rocker off the ground, notice how there weren't any driver side pictures?

Back