mechanical fuel pump?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
I have a Holley mechanical fuel pump that has started to leak. It seems these are proned to leak. What are you guys running that have High HP / 408's etc... Don't want to run a stock pump as they are only rated at 26GPH. I really want a better higher output pump, at least an 80-110 GPH. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that seems like a lot of fuel. are you sure you need that much? If you don't use it it has nowhere to go but leak due to the pressure. JMHO

Thanks for the replies! I removed mine yesterday and disassembled mine.I could not find any thing wrong with it so I have reinstalled it . No leak. I have another problem now. While I was under the car I got bit by the "while I am at it bug".I have the top end of the motor pulled down and the front end etc....just to clean and do some valve adjustments, new harmonic balancer install,and tuning. I hope I can get over this bug bite before I loose the rest of the racing,cruising season and spending money I don't have right now. I will get some pictures posted.

Back