Mustang Sally has passed away, but never forgotten

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machattack

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang mach 1 351c 4v auto fmx
1968 mustang gt 302 4v 4 speed
At home on 4-20-21 Sally has passed away from Multi Myeloma bone cancer. Her battle was fought hard and long for 12 years. Within the last year she has had a "Car t cell transplant" and a "Bone marrow stem cell transplant". Both to NO avail from this ruthless cancer. Sally and I were married for 36 years, have 5 children and 14 grandchildren. 

She loves her 71 mach 1 and often helped me to rebuild it. She tells me there is a mustang heaven and once asked DON from Ohio mustang to be sure and bring his parts with him. Attached is a picture of when we took the Mach for ice cream. Car was not completed yet but we took it any way :)

Sally made a list over the last year to take with her on her journey to heaven. She often said many things are just not correct in the World today and she hoped to meet with God and let him/Her know of it. She often said I still have a lot of work ahead of me and I will do my best to get it done.

Rod and Sally

Mach and a ice creme cone.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Rod, this is so sad to learn of Sally's passing. Please accept my deepest condolences. I'm sure you both had a wonderful 36 years together and you'll treasure those memories as you continue through life.

With tears in my eyes,

Geoff.

aka Stanglover.

We are sorry to hear the sad news Rod.  Remember that she lives on in you children and grand children.  I found that whenever I lost a loved one to take time to reflect on all the good and positives thing that they brought into this world and it helped to relieve the pain of the lost.   I hope that she gets her wish to meet with God and get some of this messed up world straighten out.  She and your family will be in our prayers. 

Steve  & Carol

That's a lovely tribute; may we all be as deserving.  So sorry for your loss and the loss to the Mustang community.

Rod,

I know this past year was a tough one for both of you. With the worry of the Covid and having to travel for the treatments it had to be tough. I lost my sister to cancer couple years back so I understand the struggles. Now Sally is not in pain doesn't need anything I hope you and the family celebrate her life that was filled with a great family for sure. Now each time you sit in the mustang you will have so many great memories to recall.
One thing my sister requested for her funeral. She wanted everyone to enjoy her favorite vegetable, ICE CREAM. Yes she called it her favorite vegetable and we use to love to make home made ice cream.
Life is short at best so always tell your family they are loved when you see them.
Hope we can meet up some day would have loved to have met Sally tough to find a great gal like her. Keep going on the Mustang Sally wanted to drive it so bad. Hope the new shop does the work right.

So very sorry to hear this, Rod. My sincerest condolences. Even though we know she has gone on to a better place and no longer In pain the loss, and missing  a loved one, is still there.

Sorry to hear this. She sounded like a wonderful lady. My condolences to you and yours. 

Allow me to express my most heartfelt condolences.  You and your family will be in my prayers.  

I am so very sorry for your family's loss. My deepest condolences. Treasure that you had so many years and so many memories. God bless you and may your sorrow quickly pass to be replaced by the fondest memories

I'm so sorry to read about Sally passing away. I don't know her but she looks like one cool lady! I wish you and your family all the strength you need to deal with your loss.

My sincere condolences.

Vincent.

I am so sorry about your loss und send you my sincerest condolences! Reading this made my eyes filled with tears... I am sure you both had some wonderful years togehter you can keep in your heart forever! Keep on going, Rod! 

My prayers are with you and your family! 

Back