Mustang door wiring harness sleeve

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
2000 F250-SD
2001 H-D FLTR
2004 GMC Denali
My car does not have speakers in the doors. I am considering adding them. I was looking for options for a sleeve/boot for the wires to travel through and into the door. I see that a company,  lmr.com

offers a set for 79-83 Mustangs.  Has anyone used these with success?  Or, is there an aftermarket product produced for our years of Mustangs?

No I did not find a replacement. I do have several cars with door speakers two with AM / 8 track and three with AM/FM. I did buy the Ford service kit to add the speakers years ago they are NOS. I think I posted the instructions in the box showing the wire routing and template for the door speakers. I also posted pictures of the holes in the A post and door with diameters of them. There are dimples where the holes go. The factory put the holes in with hole saw usually very sharp edges there. If you have power windows and door speakers that harness is difficult to locate. Good thing is a models are the same. The 1971 speaker grills only had one vertical bar in the center 72 & 73 have 3 vertical bars.
I suggest you check with Don and also Motor city Mustang and see if they have boots. If not check with Scotty Strickland in Buford, N.C. find him on Facebook and friend him. He has mustang junk yard.

20200804_154359.jpg

20200804_154452.jpg

DSC_1271.JPG

Soak them in lacquer thinner will remove the paint.
I hope this doesn't refer to the wires.  Never, ever, soak wires in any solution: solvent, water, bleach, whatever.  It will get into the copper strands and corrode them to the point of not working. 

Here is my update. I received the rubber sleeves from LMR.com, and did a trial fit into a piece of sheet metal. They appear as if they will do the trick. Numbers on the blue masking tape are the hole sizes.  Mounting surface to surface is approximately 5.5"

IMG_1301.JPGIMG_1302.JPGIMG_1304.JPG

Back