Took a Nice Little Ride Today.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdM

Reaction score
Between the Texas Hill Country and North Idaho
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code, a 427 Dart based Windsor, Pro Flo 4, Tremec 5 speed, A/C, 12.7:1 steering conversion, SoT coil over and Dakota Digital dash.
First longer trip since the Pro Flo 4 install. It was maybe a 200 mile loop here in the Texas Hill Country. Folks were out in numbers from hot rods and Harley's to loads at the wineries and just walking the streets. It was great to see. I had a nice Thai lunch and hit a classic car dealer and a couple of gun shops. The car ran beautifully and appears to have used a fair bit less gas than in the past. Beautiful weather topping out in the low 90's I suspect. I just poured a martini with my pup laying next to me.

Getting out and driving your car is really the where the fun is. Now and again, I will attend a car show/gathering which happens early on a Sunday morning in a parking lot and dissipates by 10 AM ( due to businesses opening then ). Another car owner, a Shelby owner who attends, organized a drive afterwards, so now, after showing, we drive over to the beach from the valley for a "brunch". It's a gas to tour through the canyon to the beach with a line of neat cars.

Here in Hendersonville, N.C. where I live on every Friday during the summer they block of two blocks on the south end of main street which is 4 lanes wide. You park you classic and they have a band stand with music and dancing and everyone has a blast. Covid still has that shut down but hopes will open up soon. We have some really rare cars here. One that shows up is a real GT-40 another is the very first Shelby convertible built. Another odd one is a factory backed MG race car from the 50's. There was an elderly gentleman that had like a $2,000,000 Bugatti. At one time the most complete collection of corvettes was 1/4 mile from me. He would land his helicopter at home. He lost them all during the crash in 2008. Another has probably 100 cars but he never took them out at all. He died after he got burned pouring gas in carb to start one of them. The rich do not register their cars so they never pay taxes on them. We have more millionaires here than Beverly Hills. Ruined land prices here. In prime areas can be millions per acre. Just great to be around people that enjoy old cars.

Back