AUTO CONTROL SHIFT OPTIONS: 1971 MACH 1 351CLEVELAND

Hi Everyone,

Currently working on the interior of my project which is a restomod 1971 Mach 1,

I am seeking options for a newer style control shifter that would fit the transmission

and look different - probably from the next decade.

Any ideas are most welcome - the centre console will be custom built around this control

and a manual hand brake position alongside the console.

Greetings from Australia.

MELFUNCTIONS

17 hours ago, Melfunctions said:

Hi Everyone,

Currently working on the interior of my project which is a restomod 1971 Mach 1,

I am seeking options for a newer style control shifter that would fit the transmission

and look different - probably from the next decade.

Any ideas are most welcome - the centre console will be custom built around this control

and a manual hand brake position alongside the console.

Greetings from Australia.

MELFUNCTIONS

Good day....

"to fit the transmission"   you just need to understand that has to do with the 'lever' used at the transmission...  If you look at the new modern auto shifters for the most part they are generic [fit Ford, GM, etc] what is different is cable length, and the lever used for the specific transmission...

Okay the most classic auto shifter [since you are going to build a console] is the 1967 Pontiac GTO Dual Gate 'His & Her Shifter'...   They are being remanufactured and sold by many outlets...   Sorry I had a computer crash, and lost the specific parts Cable & Lever needed.... but it came w/a GM Turbo 400, so that's your key in your research...

*** Note, Melfunctions I searched the net and Holley no longer lists the Dual Gate.  ...IIRC they had set it up for either GM - Ford/Mopar 'Park Detent' ...  I do not know whom is manufacturing the ones available today so don't think they will work with a ford.  ***

Okay this guy is odd in a good way and builds some interesting auto shifters...  No one down under will have one LOL...   He worked for a number of the big USA shifter  companies, knows his stuff.    I've used his three stick models on a couple of custom hotrods & salt vehicles...   Brian Kilduff - there are a number of youtube videos out there... https://www.kilduffmachine.com

Seems Brian makes them for  RHD --- i need one for RHD ( Australia, Japan, England )Select all that apply

https://www.kilduffmachine.com

https://www.npdlink.com/product/shifter-dual-gate-hurst-fully-assembled-incl-shifter-cable-chrome-top-plate-wood-grain-overlay-shifter-lens-light-housing-and-shifter-ball/194044/10288

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 8.19.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 8.44.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 8.44.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 8.47.26 AM.png

Edited by Q1SVT