New Video! Windshield Install

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
429CJ, 4 Speed, 3.25 Traction Lock N case, A/C, P/W, tilt, fold down seats, int. wipers, deluxe interior.
Watch me stumble through my ways as I get the last glass in. 

Huge thanks to forum member Kilgon for his write up. This was my source material for sure 

Great video!

Very helpful. Like the black paint on the pillars and I don't remember our windshield having the plastic trim at the base when we removed it 18 months ago.

Wishing your wife and son a healthy birth!

Looking forward to the day your video includes driving your Mach 1. Out to the Spit maybe? My wife and I went on our honeymoon 12 years ago in Homer.

Hey man, you guys did a great job! Congratulations to you and your wife and the pending arrival of your Son!!
Thank you so much. It’s been a long journey for us and we’re ready to start our family :)

Great video!

Very helpful. Like the black paint on the pillars and I don't remember our windshield having the plastic trim at the base when we removed it 18 months ago.

Wishing your wife and son a healthy birth!

Looking forward to the day your video includes driving your Mach 1. Out to the Spit maybe? My wife and I went on our honeymoon 12 years ago in Homer.
Yes! That post I referred to explained the importance of painting that area black. It’s definitely helpful to have someone else share their experiences. If you notice in the video too like a fool I put the glass in with the hood down. 
I should of put it up slightly that would of eliminated the risk of getting it stuck like it did for a little bit. But it’s all good! The rest of it went alright! And it’s on. Spring is here and man I wish this thing was ready to take a drive to the spit now!

Great t hear wife is doing better and home. One question does the acetone replace the primer that 3-M has for the area where the sealer goes? Another thing I like to do before putting windshield or rear glass in is to trial fit the trim. I put a piece of tape where each clip is so I will know exactly where the clips are. Then put the trim in place without the glass and make sure it clips in. It should push in place with one finger. Then remove the trim with trim removal tool and put the glass in.

Great t hear wife is doing better and home. One question does the acetone replace the primer that 3-M has for the area where the sealer goes? Another thing I like to do before putting windshield or rear glass in is to trial fit the trim. I put a piece of tape where each clip is so I will know exactly where the clips are. Then put the trim in place without the glass and make sure it clips in. It should push in place with one finger. Then remove the trim with trim removal tool and put the glass in.
Thank you so much! 
I wouldn’t say the acetone “replaces” I had a problem getting the primer here. Canceled order, shipment nonsense, anyways, so o used acetone for the sake of making sure it was all clean. Reading instructions on the back of it, nothing was mentioned about a primer, only that all surfaces were clean. It seemed to really stick! Hopefully it’l be ok haha! 

I thought about you and marking the trim locations. I have a while before it goes on but once I get it painted I’ll definitely mark it to make sure I know where to press. 

Back