Would love to see a pict of your thingy...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande 351C
71 Mach 1 429CJ
On both sides of my 71, the thingy that holds the j-bolt allowing you to fasten the lower side of the fender is gone.
As if someone really did not like these thingies! I need make a pair and weld these back. Tried look on my 73, but it's hard to really see without removing..

Sooo if anyone has one (or 2) fender off, could you please send me a pict of your thingy and even talk about its size?

thx

thingy.jpg

On both sides of my 71, the thingy that holds the j-bolt allowing you to fasten the lower side of the fender is gone.
As if someone really did not like these thingies! I need make a pair and weld these back. Tried look on my 73, but it's hard to really see without removing..

Sooo if anyone has one (or 2) fender off, could you please send me a pict of your thingy and even talk about its size?

thx

View attachment 50694
Does this help? 

IMG_2833 (2).JPG

Thx geoff but I don’t see the thingy. Its underneath where the j-bolt is, where you finally can set the bolt on the fender

should look as on my drawing.
Ok, I think I now know what you're looking for. Unfortunately, this is the only angle I have of it, other than this shot from underneath the fender, which isn't going to help much. Sorry.

20210426_155836.1.jpg

Yeah, got same issue. You can’t see when bolted on, and thats exactly what I need to make and both side are totally gone. Don’t even understand how’s that even possible
 Yes, I see what you mean. Hopefully someone else has a car with fenders off and can picture what you need. It seems that your car has some steel rusted away, comparing my pic to yours. Maybe you'll just have to fab something that will work.

thx

View attachment 50694
See if you can find  a picture of a car on a rotisserie and you might be able to see it. 

This what you are looking for? I can't get to my parts car right now but I may be able to tomorrow. Pic is of my vert I am restoring (upside down).

20210426_185125.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@cwalker509, @rio1856

Guys, thank you thank you, this is the thingy I wanted to see!!!

Rio could you remove the j-nut and take a closer pict at the holes ( I need reproduce these to place the j-nut)

edit: looks like it's a single hole..

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew, I was afraid to click on this post.  After looking at the Thingy, I could have helped a few weeks back, but my fenders are back on/aligned and the splash shields are in place.  But you got some great help from our brothers!  

Back