HI guys.  I just stumbled on this forum.

My car is a 73 mach 1.  Bought it back when I was in highschool, sitting in a field with no motor or transmission for a whopping $600.  It took me a few years to get it running, but eventually we got there.  I drove it for several years and it got me through college and even did alright delivering pizzas for dominos.  I ended up wrecking it when some guy pulled out in front of me.  Bent the frame, totaled it, and I bought it back from the insurance company.  I straightened the frame on it and replaced all the suspension and steering bits and some of the body.  Life got in the way and the car sat for the past 9 or 10 years.

I recently pulled the old girl out of the garage from under all the layers of junk and dust to get her going again.  Replaced the carb and gas tank.  Toyed with the timing and a couple other things and the engine fired right up.  Thats about where I'm at now.  She's running, I paid the 9 years back taxes and late fees and got tags.  I'm waiting for the vapor fitting to arrive so I can get the gas tank up in her.  I've ordered some parts from cjponyparts.  And I'm scouring the internet trying to find some of the parts you can't buy, like the 73 bumper and headlight bezels.

• Like 1

Hey Dude!  Welcome from League City Texas!  post some pics and more info.  eBay has your bumper!  Search for 1973 Mustang front bumper.  I tried to load the link but it wont open.  Always check eBay as parts are always available from time to time.  Admire your dedication to your Stang!  

image.png

• Like 1

9-20-19-Mine-Again.jpg1972 Mach 1 351 Cleveland Ram Air, C6, 9 inch with 3.25 Posi, Sanderson Ceramic Headers, 2.5" dual H Pipe exhaust w/stainless tips, MSD Ignition, Edlelbrock 4BB Carb, Wilwood Front Discs, Summit Racing Rear Discs.

Welcome from Germany and keep us up to date. Pictures welcome :classic_cool:

Thank you for your story I like about most that you held on her for all the years... :thumb:

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

10 hours ago, Bobby said:

Hey Dude!  Welcome from League City Texas!  post some pics and more info.  eBay has your bumper!  Search for 1973 Mustang front bumper.  I tried to load the link but it wont open.  Always check eBay as parts are always available from time to time.  Admire your dedication to your Stang!  

Here she is as she sits today.  Like I said, when I got it, there was nothing under the hood.  So as I was buying parts 15-20yr ago, it was easier and cheaper to find performance parts rather than factory. 

I ended up with a 1969 remanufactured long block 351w, edlebrock performer intake, holley 4 barrel carb, aluminum radiator, underdrive pulleys, headers to dual exhaust, and a rebuilt C4 with a shift kit in it.

I did most of the mechanical stuff already like brakes, suspension, steering.  But given that last time I drove it, the guy pulled out in front of me and I couldn't stop fast enough, I'm really considering looking to upgrade my front discs and swap the rear over to discs.  New gas tank with the sending unit and straps and stuff is sitting here in my living room.  Waiting on the fedex man to bring the filler neck and vapor fitting before everything can go in.

Rims and tires are styled like the newer mach1 wheels.  

Interior is still pretty much the original stuff.  Its usable but not gonna win any awards.

My current plan is get it back on the road and drive it around a bit and fix the little things as they come up to make it road worthy.  Then swing by a body shop and see how much its going to run me to get all the body work done and get it looking right.

Screenshot_20210502_095459.thumb.png.8f0e90908bfa210102c796dead80e6d2.pngScreenshot_20210502_095432.thumb.png.2022eb382f24abcfcb108453dfcf0052.pngScreenshot_20210502_095351.thumb.png.afd72c60dc137a5910ccf694129c268d.pngScreenshot_20210502_095301.thumb.png.218eafa12e73996538422f21430245f0.png

Welcome! This is the best car site on the internet. Not just 71-73 Mustangs.  So many helpful and knowledgeable folks.

That is a fantastic backstory to your Mustang!

Brett

Welcome from San Diego.  Congrats you found the best source for your 73. 

- Mike

Welcome from Ohio.  Glad to see that you held onto it over the years.  Lot of info and help available for the asking. 

You might want to check with Don at Ohio Mustang Supply and also Motor City Mustang for some of the parts you need.  If you go to the home page and scroll down you will see the sponsors listed and you can click on their name to go to their websites.

Keep us posted on your progress and post updated pictures.

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Welcome from west Michigan! 

Best wishes on your project. I think the best way to keep interest up in a project is to do like you plan. Get it running and driving, make it safe, and add upgrades as you go. I like tinkering on mine but it's WAY more fun to drive!

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Welcome from Central New York.

You'll find all the advice and help you could want right here.

Good luck with your project.

Mike

Welcome from Missouri!

Wisdom, knowledge and intelligence are three very different things.

1971 convertible, H-code, Ram Air

1971 Mach I, M-code, Ram Air

1972 Mexican GT-351

1988 Bronco II

hello from AZ,

I couldn't seem to part with my Mustang either. After 20 years I put it back together and drove it around the block. Working on the front suspension now. Lots of people here with a wealth of information. Just ask. Good luck!

Welcome to the Forum from North Carolina. I have a 12,000 mile original 1973 Mach 1 I ordered new so might can answer some questions if you have any. Glad you held on to it. I know how life gets in the way and puts the cars on the back burner for sure. This one sat in barn for 38 years before I pulled it back out and cleaned it up.

20210327_141359.jpg

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David